Tramadol withdrawal hell

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, so im currently on day 6 of no tramadol. I have taken it off and on for a few years due to pain but then after a slipped disc and nerve pain i had started taking it everyday 2 x 50mg 3 times a day for two weeks. I noticed my pain had reduced so stopped taking it. the next day withdrawals hit me hard, flu symptoms, anxiety, no appetite, bad tummy, peeing constantly, insomnia.

Anyway im on day 6 of none and my anxiety is so severe as are low moods and fatigue.

I suppose im just looking for support and reassurance cause I feel like this will never end. I take sertraline also 50mg per day.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been on this pill for years now,only once i tried to cut down from 3 a day to 2,then 1 and a half. Stopped the half and was on one a day,,and as you said all the symptoms you had ,i had and restless body,,worse than just restless legs.

I started taking the second pill again after two weeks of torture,and i am back to being calm again.

The worst pill any doctor could put you on.

• Posted

if you visit a drug clinic due to addiction to tramadol most wont do a reduction programme they actually substitute it with methadone thats how bad they are makes them as bad as heroin in my opinion

• Posted

agree with you completely. I saw a different doctor today for help with the withdrawals and even he said it's an awful medication. so sorry you are struggling also

• Posted

day 33...i can honestly say the worst experience of my life. anxiety and panic attacks are still a massive part of my everyday. so much so iv now been put on sertraline (zoloft) 100mg so now to deal with the nightmare of these side effects. Darkest days ever.... 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.