Tramadol withdrawal / tapering

Posted , 6 users are following.

Iv been on 400mg of this evil drug for just two weeks. I came off it two days ago and experienced the worse withdrawal symptoms and iv had to go back on it. Last night I laid out all my pills in order to commit suicide luckily my husband stopped me. I cannot believe that only after two weeks that I am getting withdrawal symptoms. I cannot even get a drs appt until two weeks time because receptionist told me that attemp to commit suicide was not really an emergency!!!

I now think the only way to get off these even pills is by tapering them down. Does anyone have a plan on how to taper down so I do not get any serious withdrawal symptoms?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey emmnic..

I was addicted to these tablets for 8 months. February there I decided to wean myself off then and I've been clean now for 5 weeks now. If your taking 400mg per day. Then start your full 7 days on that. Then the following week. Take 50mg off that each week. So 350mg a day the following then 300mg again and keep dropping it it by 50mg until ur last week you'll be on 50mg a day just for your last 7 days. After those 7 days start another new week taking one every other day. I done mine with 1 then a 2 day break and do it again. After that week. I stopped. Completely. With out any withdrawals. That's the my advice. I hope u can do it. If u stick to it u will do it. U might notice mood changes like being quick tempered as ur cutting the drug down bit by bit. But u won't experience the sweats and depression. Message me anytime. The website really helps u get through the bad times. All the best.

David

• Posted

Thank you so so much I hadn't taken them for 2 days and I thought I was going to die so I gave in and began back as advised. I will definitely follow you tapering guide I hope it helps these pills are evil x

• Posted

Honestly if u stick by what I've said u will be fine. Don't stop them. Ur on a very high dose so that's why ur body is shouting at u when u stop. It's dangerous and u will feel suicidal and all the other withdrawals I explained. Keep taking them and cut them down week by week. And u will be fine. 😊 if u need any advice on anything or need to chat. Feel free to message me.

David

• Posted

Thank you very much I'm sitting here crying wondering why in hell I was given these pills

• Posted

Awk bless you. They are good for pain. But they are so bad once you get addicted to them. U will be OK. If u keep taking them u will be fine u will feel quite normal. Big hugs to you 🤗

• Posted

Keep me updated on how u get on. Always someone that can help. This website helped me alot. Even bad days
  • Posted

Try half a capsule 0.25 mg Tramadol combined with tablets of of Paracetamol  (500 mg x 2) And if pain is not too severe only Paracetamol for a couple of days. Or just Aspirin with coffee (no sugar). It works for me. Tramadol is not evil. But you have to be careful with the dosage. I can't imagine how I would feel if I took 400 mg. Tramadol. I would definitely not be able to drive here in Bangkok, Thailand. Bangkok-Johnny resident in Thailand.     

• Posted

Hi Emmnic, firstly I'm very sorry to hear that you're suffering so much. I honestly cannot see how taking Tramadol for such a short time would cause withdrawal symptoms. I think the Tramadol just don't agree with you. I know a few people who got sick after just one or two doses. It doesn't suit everyone.

I don't know what country you are from, but it's inconceivable that you were told that you are not an emergency when feeling suicidal! You need your medication changed immediately, as it's clear they do not agree with you.

• Posted

I'm in the uk. I just went to see the pharmacist and he could not believe I had been given 400mg as my starter dose and that's why my withdrawal has been so bad after only two weeks of taking them. I'm going to taper it down as dave4097 advised and just hope I get off this awful medication x

• Posted

Yes I guess 400cm is a lot. When I first started taking them, I was prescribed 4x50cm daily and could only manage 50cm, as they sent me to sleep. I was working at the time and driving to and from work, so used to take just 1 at night. After quite a few years I'm now on 400cm every other day. I hope you manage to wean yourself off them, and soon feel better. When you do get to see your doctor ask him for something else. Good luck...

• Posted

Sorry I meant mg. Not cm.
  • Posted

I take Tramadol as an when needed , when my pain is bad , i have never become addicted to them an find them to be good .
    • Posted

They are brilliant for pain and in small doses not taken all the time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.