Tramadol withdrawal / tapering

Posted , 6 users are following.

Iv been on 400mg of this evil drug for just two weeks. I came off it two days ago and experienced the worse withdrawal symptoms and iv had to go back on it. Last night I laid out all my pills in order to commit suicide luckily my husband stopped me. I cannot believe that only after two weeks that I am getting withdrawal symptoms. I cannot even get a drs appt until two weeks time because receptionist told me that attemp to commit suicide was not really an emergency!!!

I now think the only way to get off these even pills is by tapering them down. Does anyone have a plan on how to taper down so I do not get any serious withdrawal symptoms?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tramdol. "Tramal". It's all about dosage, as I mentioned earlier. Try half a capsule 0.25 mg combined with 500 mg Paracetamol. Washed down with strong coffee (no sugar!). It's the only pain killer that works for me when the TKR stiffness and pain is overwhelming - can't even stand-up and boil 3-minute morning egg. 

• Posted

I would like to update everyone on my tapering program. I am now on 50mg a day down from 400mg a day tapering off at 50mg a week. Although I have had a few withdrawal symptoms it's not been too bad but now iv got restless legs which is awful but I have found Vicks vapor rub helps. I rub it all over my legs and after about 20 mins it's calmed down don't know why so if you suffer from rls give it ago

I would like to thank dave4097 for his tapering timetable

• Posted

Hi Emmnic, I'm really pleased that you've managed to get yourself down to just 1 x 50mgs a day of Tramadol. Well done. I suffered from restless legs when I tried to go 2 days without taking them. At the time I didn't have a clue that it was withdrawals. I used to walk on the spot for 15/20 mins and this always helped. Keep it up maybe you'll be off them altogether before you know it.

• Posted

Thank you it's a horrible feeling in the legs I'm hoping it might pass soonish x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.