Trazodone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone tried trazodone as a sleeping aid. I was on Ambien doctor switched me to trazodone. 50 mg. Last night was first day using it. It made me dizzy. I feel like I have a hangover.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Clay, I still have insomnia and take 50mg Trazodone, but it doesn't seem to be working now after only 2 weeks, and it is difficult to stop it. I hope you have a better experience. It makes me dizzy too sad

• Posted

I also take 50 mg. I did feel dizzy when I took it. They say it takes a while to adjust to your body. Have you tried Ambien.
    • Posted

Hello Clay, my doctor will not prescribe Ambien. She tried but I think it is restricted here. The good thing about Trazodone is that it isn't addictive.

• Posted

Domm where do you live. I live in California. But the doctor says Ambien is addictive so he wants me off it. You're right he said trazodone isn't addictive. That's why he switched it.

• Posted

I am in the UK Clay. I wish I was in California wink Is Trazodone helping you sleep? I think the dizziness will go. It helps me sleep but doesn't help enough. I am desperate for good sleep. I think Ambien is very addictive and just for temporary relief.

• Posted

Trazadone did help me last night was my first time taking it. Ambien would help me sleep through out the whole night. I've heard of people taking Ambien for years. So you can't get Ambien in the UK.

• Posted

My doc in Wales said it was restricted and could only be given out by hospitals. Great that Trazodone is working Clay! How is Prozac coming along for you?
    • Posted

I've been on prozac for 2 months. 20 mg. Doctor doesn't want be to go up. I still have a lot of anxiety. Still some depression. Other personal life factors increase the anxiety. I take Ativan but it helps sometimes. I was on zoloft a few years ago then stopped. I saw a doctor in November and he started me on prozac. Then I went to my psychiatrist and kept me on prozac. I've heard that we should give anti depressants at least 3 months to settle in.

• Posted

I have 24/7 bearable anxiety on 40mg Clay. How did you sleep last night?
    • Posted

You mean your anxiety got better with 40 mg that's great. Last night I went to bed around 11 but fell asleep without the trazodone. Woke up around 1 to use the bathroom and only took half of the trazadone. You can say I slept good thank God . The Ambien made me feel drugged all day. So Im actually surprised I actually fell asleep without the trazodone.

• Posted

By the way what time is it over there where you live. I live in United States. San Diego California. It is 10:00 am here. How did you sleep last night.?
    • Posted

That is a good sign Clay! I'd try and replace the Ambien with Trazodone tho' if you can

• Posted

Yes I m trying to replace it too. So with the trazodone my body shouldn't get addicted to it. Meaning I could leave it any time. And try to sleep on my own.

• Posted

Hello Clay, you would still need to taper off the Trazodone but you could start to Taper any time. You con't just stop Trazodone cold turkey.

• Posted

Good morning Domm . Just woke up right now. It's almost 6 am here in California. Had a good night sleep last night. Went to bed at 1030 woke up at 530 . Thank God I had a good night sleep. How are you doing?

• Posted

Wow Clay that is great news! With the Trazodone? My sleep is awful - I haven't had a sleep like yours in over 12 weeks. Off to the doc in a minute and think she will suggest 60mg Prozac.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.