treatment back to square 1

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all haven't blogged for awhile but have been reading your posts. last time i was telling you i was going to try chinese medicine with the help of my GP and a chinese doctors well things didnt go as well as i wanted and am back on my drugs . back to Methatrexate and steroide cream when needed and vagefem . my blood pressure didnt improve either or my stress . so anti depressates and bp tabs are back on daily routeen. i have heard of an new proceedure being done in brisbane called the madonna does anyone know about it at all . they claim that it reduviates the skin and in most cases heals and fixes LS.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

sorry it not modonna its call the Mona lisa touch
  • Posted

I am in Australia and attend a special clinic at the Mercy Hospital in Melbourne. I have never heard of what you have mentioned and doubt its validity. Where are you? Are you also in Australia?
    • Posted

yes i am in queensland their is a clinic in sydney as well they also do the the momna lisa touch womens health  put me onto them at the mater private hospital in brisbane after she had spoken to someone who has had the proceedure and feels like a new women.
    • Posted

no sure if you google it  it tells you a bit but i have an appointment with Dr Rod Allen in brisbane on the 9 th 
    • Posted

I have looked into it. It does not mention lichen sclerosis. It consists of three five minute laser treatments to address atrophy. I will consider it as well.
  • Posted

I just read about this and there is a clinic that does it about an hour from my home. Calling for an appointment tomorrow!  Thanks so much for posting this information.  The name is the Mona Lisa Touch and it's a laser treatment...no pain...usually 3 treatments and an annual retouch...so to speak. Hoping my insurance will pay or it.
    • Posted

the cost is about $2500 dollars for the teatment and here in australia is not able to be claimed on private health .the doctor told me he has had good success for LS i spoke to him this morning about a payment plan and he said ok
    • Posted

Wow, I have just had a quick look online, and this treatment sounds very promising!!  Let us know how you get on....
  • Posted

Just looked this up on line.  I know it is early days but I will mention this to my GP.  I know it sounds expensive but not as expensive as steroid, cream and other treatment for the rest of our lives.  I think the NHS in UK should invest in this treatment if it proves to be as good as they say.  Early days but quality of life is important and this seems to improve the patients comfort which definately is an improvement in quality of life.  We need to all get behind this and find out from those who have the laser treatment, how they are following it.  Apparently this is a painless or near painless procedure and improves the texture of the skin and moisturisation of the area.  Sounds good.
    • Posted

It says you have to go back every year so it mayn't be affordable for me. The cream only costs me $6 per month in Australia. Maybe down the track if more people get it, it could possibly get cheaper.
    • Posted

Oh I missed that bit.  Treatment every year would be expensive.  Though if it can be afforded would certainly be worth while for the comfort it would afford.  I hope this really turns out to be worth while. 
    • Posted

I would certainly consider it except for the cost. It would have to come way down for me to afford it.
    • Posted

I suppose the more it is prescribed the cheaper it will be hopefully

• Posted

Probaby the annual follow up would be less...hopefully.  The first treatment is a series of 3 visits from what I've read.  The annual possibly is just one...so hopefully less expensive.  I'm going in to find out more about this treatment...so will report back on what I learn.
    • Posted

i have anappointment on tuesday so i will let you all know what the go isbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.