Tremors (Severe) - Vitamin D deficiency

Posted , 22 users are following.

I suffered for years with tremors that increase to a total body tremor and felt unwell and fatigued... The tremors became very severe by the age of 40 and found it hard to function. It's worth looking into this - my consultant decided to look at my vitamin d levels and the result was they were so very low. After treatment with vitamin d3 high dose for over a year, my tremors have gone! The thing is that without vitamin d3 at correct levels, you are not absorbing calcium and the body will shut down without those two working together! I know my story will not help everyone, it may help those that have had lots of tests but still no answer. In any case, it is still worth getting it checked out.

2 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

did tremors go away right away or did they intensify then gradully go away? thanks

• Posted

hi Jane. did you also feel weakness in those limbs that were shaking? im starting to have tremors in both hands but they are also weak not all the time but intermittent, and I found I have low Vitamin D. How long did it take for you to notice improvement? Im on Vitamin D suplementation for 2 weeks and no improvement at all... thank you so much

• Posted

hello, I have a tremor. I first noticed it around 2020. I stopped the antidepressant I was taking, thinking it was a side effect of that. It did subside after a year, but I needed to restart an antidepressant because my life was in ruin with my mood. For 2 years I tried to manage the tremor, it wasn't particularly disabling but it really affected my self-esteem. In recent months it got so bad that i was starting to deteriorate mentally even with the antidepressants. After developing RLS I requested bloods, thinking my folate might've been low. Turns out I was vitamin d deficient and from day 1 of taking a loading dose of D3 i saw improvements in my tremor. Id say as much as 90%! I hope it maintains.

• Posted

Hi Jane! I am so thankful I've found your post. I know it's pretty old, but I will say that I've had a tremor on my left side for a little over two years. I haven't looked into it much out of fear that it could be Parkinson's. I'm 34, and recently had my vitamin D levels checked... it showed I had a count of 15 which is super low.

Could you describe your tremor? Was it painful? Also how did you take Vitamin D in what dosage? Thank you so much for your time & God Bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.