Trichomoniasis that will not go away! Please help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

In October I had regular checkup after roughly a month of itching, a smell that increasingly worse as the weeks went on and have discharge. I was told I had trichomoniasis and I was put on 1 round of metronidazole where I took 4 pills all at once. I felt fine for a day and then the symptoms started coming back. I went back and got another checkup and it was still there. I was then prescribed metronidazole again but two doses, 4 pills one day and another 4 pills two days after. This still did not work. I was then prescribed a metronidazole cream that I had to insert for 5 days. Same thing, I was fine for a day or two and it came back. I just went to the OB again and it still did not go away. I was prescribed metronidazole again but I had to take 4 pills a day for 5 days. I really thought It was gone and went 4 days feeling ok but tonight I feel the itching coming back. I was also prescribed a yeast infection pill just in case the antibiotics brought one on. Has anyone heard of this happening?? Could the doctor be mistaken or is there anything else I can do to get rid of this??? Please help! This has got me so depressed! I have not had sex with anyone since September. Is there anything else that could cause me to be reinfected?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.