Trigeminal Neuropathy

Posted , 17 users are following.

So I have Trigeminal Neuropathy and not Neuralgia. Does anyone else have the same?

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do along with a host of others.  Lupus, fibromyalgia, mortons neuroma, Raynauds, migraines, TMJ,  and several more diagnoses.  This diagnosis is small compared to some of the others but no less painful.  It has become more of a nuisance after years of having it.  Not helpful I know.
  • Posted

I have idiopathic trigeminal neuropathy which was confirmed around 6years ago, it started with a spasm in my lower lip then went through many progresions now all my head and face are affected with numbness also with, burning and numbness inside mouth, I have only ever been offered medication which I have declined. I have no idea of the outcome of this disorder and am not sure the medical teams do either, I have had mri scans and blood tests with no answer to the puzzle
  • Posted

I've had Trigeminal Neuropathy for about 7 yrs. Currently on Gabapentin, 600mg./day.

• Posted

Hi Lawrencia,

Sorry to hear about your pain.

Try hot tub or a warm shower (make sure you use a scarf and warm bath robe after to stay warm). This helps release tension.

If it is not too cold out, a 30 min brisk walk warms up the body. I find that staying home and not doing anything worsens the pain - activity helps.

Lastly, do try to find a good acupunturist (my pain went away - I had TN for 3 years) and stop whatever is causing you stress (not an easy task but worth looking into). Avoid foods that spikes you blood sugar levels (leads to neuropathy).

Get well soon,

H.O.P.E. Hold On, Pain Ends

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.