TRKR surgery in a few days, my Mother is ill, should I still have op?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm booked for a TRKR in a few days and my elderly Mother has been taken ill and in hospital now, needs urgent surgery in next week or so, will be high dependency.

?She has been relatively independant before, but I'm the one who looks after her when anything needed and we don't have a lot of support we can call on.

?I'm wondering, as my op is elective surgery while hers will be urgent, whether I should ask for a postponement. I have recently had other illness and surgery myself. We keep having curveballs thrown and everything planned goes out of the window. It is not even just the practical things that maybe someone else could help with that I'm worrying about, just I see from posts on here that recovery from tkr is tough and you need to focus on your self - not sure how to manage this now.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would ealy of you can it takes toatel dedication after TKR and you only have one mumx
  • Posted

I would ealy of you can it takes toatel dedication after TKR and you only have one mumx
  • Posted

hello there - i'm new to this forum but not new toTKR.

hope you are doing OK and just thought I'd mention to always stay ahead of the pain with good medication as when it really kicks in, its just awful when the pills are playing catch up! hope your recovery continues to go well and also that your mum is OK too, I know what a worry that can be.  All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.