Trying to lose weight to concieve?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is any body in the same boat as me, i am trying to shift the lbs so it is easier to concieve and dont want to be this heavy if i fall preganant? i have lost a stone so far but finding it so hard. I need support ladies, need a kick up the bum!!!! i had 2 weeks off the little blue pills due to a holiday and i didnt put a lb on which i was really surprised at i staretd them again on saturday but just got no motivation!!!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm trying to lose weight partly in case we go for number 2.

My main hesitation is how rough I was in my last pregnancy - largely due to my weight.

I was on crutches from 28 weeks and couldn't sit in my office chair due to spd and unaligned pelvis, aching legs, high blood pressure..... endless trips to the hospital, monitoring growth every 2 weeks, being 'red stickered' as high risk.

Is this a kick up the bum? Don't put yourself through that!

Also, on the nice side, I lost 2st 8lb prior to conceiving - we had thought I couldn't have children so all that hard work really paid off and now I have the best little girl in the world.

Hope this helps, focus on your goal

• Posted

Hiya,

Thanks for your comments, yes it is, i already have a little boy (well he is nearly 11) god that makes me feel old. I had an ectopic pregnancy 2 years ago and had a really bad time and been left with a trapped nerve in my pelvis which gives me constant pain in my right leg so its not good, I came off the pain killers when i felt emotionally ready to start again, but i though i better do something about my weight, i currently weigh 15stone i was 16.2 before i started the tablets but i still feel i have a long way to go.

thank you

• Posted

Yes that was the main reason for me to start them i was ttc for 11years. It has taken just over a year i was a size 24 now a 12. I also wouldn't advise trying to get pregnant on the tablets either as i got pregnant twice and lost both babies and my Dr also told me they are not advised during pregnancy/ttc shame they didn't mention that beforehand.... good luck x
    • Posted

Wow, have you managed to concieve now? That is really good i have taken the tablets before so i know i can do it but i have something to do it for, and its something i want so much!! i am only 31 so still got plenty of time left. It will be more difficult as i lost my right tube due to my ectopic, but thankful i am still here!! I have asked at work and there isnt no real evidence thats why they say dont take it, its only been tesetd on lab rats not pregnant women but i dont think i could go through losing another baby so i will wait. when i took the tablets before i seem to lose it quickly but its taking its time now. (i am not very patient) bet you feel great been a size 12, did you include exercise?
    • Posted

Hi

I am trying my next cycle as i want to detox from the tablets before trying. I am 31 aswell. Oh right as that is what the Dr told me plus anyone i have seen on the internet who has got pregnant on the tablets always had a MC i had all the tests done and everything came back as normal. I got pregnant the first time in march 2013 so i had lost 2 stone by then and then again i sept 2013 so really it was my weight that was preventing me from getting pregnant i guess..

I have heard that the tablets generally work the first time and for the first year and to be honest if you ate as you were on the tablets you would probably still lose near enough the same amount.

Yes just walking generally but currently doing the 30 day squat challenge but after a few days have upped it to 220/250 a day. A i have said before i know my clothes are a 12 but i can't seem to get my head around it i still feel like a 24- once you have been fat you will always be the big person inside. Wish i had never put on so much weight i was a 10-12 before i started eating all the cheese hahah x

• Posted

I think its better to safe than sorry, i am going to see the nurse on Monday so i will ask her. i might just give the tablets another couple of months shift a few more lbs and then start.

Wow that is a lot of squats, i am restricted with exercise due to my trapped nerve i used to loving running. I was exactly the same i looked in the mirror and still saw the same person it is hard to get your head around you get use to been that size.

It was beer and takeaways for me i still enjoy a drink thats probaly why i aint shifting it as quick as never drunk before. (light bulb moment).

Bet you have so much more energy,

• Posted

Exactly that's why i will be detoxing!

It's so weird isn't it? you always think the slimmer you get the happier you will be with your weight- i disagree with that somewhat i tend to point out all my flaws now- more than when i was a size 24.

My vices were bread cheese and chocolate i gave up bread before for about 6 years it bloats me really bad i was told to follow a gluten free diet as i have digestive issues but never did anyway...i gave up bread when i started these i would rather just not eat my vices anymore that's why even when i did come off them last year for a few weeks i still ate the same as now i much prefer it.

I gave up meat aswell and cows milk i prefer Quorn what about you?

A lot more energy plus i don't breathe like Darth Vader anymore plus i looked bodywise about 45 Pmsl x

I have drunk on these it never really made me lose any less weight.

Hopefully the squats are worth it lol are you doing any keepfit at all? Even housework is still exercise if you can't manage squats.

Britney

X

• Posted

I dont think i could give up meat, i do try to alternate though. i will see how much i have lost on Monday when i go hopefully i will of lost. i do plenty of that dont seem to stop plus i have a dog which i walk every day hopefully that will help. I like a drink most days maybe i should cut it out!
    • Posted

Not sure if you eat vension but that is very low fat i did eat that at the start. Let me know how you get on when you have your weigh in. You could cut down on drink but to be honest i believe junk food is worse even without side effects good luck x
    • Posted

Sorry it sent before I finished that ha ha.. I will let you know on Monday how I get on I ain't expecting a miracle though ha ha. X
    • Posted

I am sure you will be fine on my first weigh in i thought i had lost nothing but i had infact lost 1st 4lbs so think positive! Good Luck smile x
  • Posted

I put on weight due to other health problems and haven't been able to shift it. I asked the drs several times if I could see a nutritionist or dietician as I was concerened about my health and weight. They said they wouldn't do anything unless the weight caused any other complications to my health as a result of being overweight. Not exactly helpful. 

Anyway, my husband and I have been trying for a baby for 13 months now and nothing. I went to the drs about it earlier this year as my periods have also been very irregular, sometimes lasting for two weeks at a time and other months nothing at all. The dr ran a load of blood tests for various things and one of the tests came back saying I had very high levels of jaundice. I was then sent for regular blood tests and evey time I phoned up for the results they told me I had to arrange for a retest. This happened several times before I said enough's enough, what about my periods and trying to conceive? 

I finally managed to get an appointment with my dr who said they were comparing my results over a period of time - my liver hadn't been functioning properly and wasn't processing fats or nutrients/vitamins which they think could be a result of my body being severely anaemic for such a long time. It caused other things to malfunction such as my liver. Since putting onso much weight I've ended up in a bit of a viscious circle, not being able to lose weight because of my liver not working properly and not being able to fix my liver because I can't lose weight. So nearly a month ago now my decided I probably wasn't getting pregnant and my periods were all over the place because of my weight so she prescribed me Orlistat. I've definitely lost a stone so far and probably a few more lbs since my weigh in last week. The dr thinks I'll onceive once I've lost enough weight. This will be our first child and i just hope she's right that it is due to the weight and nothing else. I won't qualify for IVF because by the time I reach a suitable weight to qualify for IVF I'll be 35 and that's considered too old. Such a shame since I wasn't able to help my health/weight problems so I just hope there's nothing else preventing it from happening. 

• Posted

Summer, sounds like you have had it bad. Have you got much weight to lose?  I hope it all works out for you and you do conceive. My friend had Ivf when she was 38 on the nhs. 
    • Posted

It's been hard that's for sure but feeling much better now and now feel able to do something about it now I can see weight coming off. It has made me feel much more positive about it all. I think with IVF it's down to the postcode lottery. The government recommend that all women under 40 I think it is have 2 or 3 rounds of IVF on the NHS but it's down to each individual council to decide how to spend their budget so it varies between counties. I looked it up recently and where I live you have to meet certain criteria, some of which are:

You must be under the age of 35

You must be within the correct weight limits

Neither you or your partner must already have children. 

If you meet all of the criteria they allow you one round of IVF on the NHS rather than the 2 or 3 recommended by the governement. 

My husband has two children from a previous relationship so even if I was the correct weight and age I still wouldn't qualify because my husband already has two children who don't live with us. I really hope it is just my weight causing the problems with conceiving because I think I might feel bitter about it otherwise.  

• Posted

Oh,  I want to weigh somewhere between 9 and 9 1/2 stone so need to lose about 8 stone :o/

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.