Trying to reconnect!!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi folks...I sure hope someone is reading this as I'm feeling somewhat invisible right now!

I had joked before that at some point I felt I'd crossed over into the Twilight zone....I didn't realize how prolific I was!! I REALLY feel in the zone right now, or at the very least, lost in cyber space!

I'm struggling BIG TIME right now and till now didn't realize just how important you all have become to me!

If anyone out there could help me reconnect, please let me know and I'll keep fingers crossed (if they're not too stiff) that my notifications resume!

Thinking about everyone!

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Calm down - no-one loves me enough to send me notificaitons either. It will be a bug and if no-one gets notifications of apost they won't reply either.

• Posted

Hang in there!  They will get the technical issues squared away- or you can log in to check the thread also.

/mk

• Posted

Hi Lynda, this PMR journey is a lonely journey, you look normal, people just do not understand, but hang in there, try to stay active, positive and smile it will help. You get through it! 🙂

• Posted

That's so true! I do look the ssme as always, ( maybe not moving quite the samesmile ), but that does indeed make it hard for people to understand!

My oldest daughter wants me to go to a huge "pumpkin patch" (so fun) next week, and I can't quite get her to understand that as much as I'd love to do it, I just CAN'T! She says "mom you'll be fine, we'll walk slow and take our time"....ughhh...here comes the "guilts".

• Posted

give it a try.  you can always go to the car for rest.  stop keeping yourself from being a part of the community and isolating yourself....climb the mountain instead of being stopped by the mole hill. If you don't try you will wast away muscle tone will be gone and if you want to come back you will have much to build up again.  Don't let yourself slip away by thinking I CAN'T...say instead I will and do your best.  Think of the smile on your daughter's face and put one on yours too.

“You cannot get an A if you’re afraid of getting an F.” (Quincy Jones)  Live dangerously just hear your body and give it rest when required...I sometimes take two naps a day and fall asleep at TV in the evening...then go to bed andsleep like a log....I am currently with PMR GCA and at 25mg pred.  Started 1.5 years ago at 100.  There is hope as I know a few people who have been freed from PMR and GCA.  Lets hope we a one of them.  Keep the faith and get out to keep moving.  All the best.  Positive attitude will carry you far.

• Posted

Lynda, we have to know our limits, I am a fine one to talk! I am always pushing myself too hard and paying for it. I have now hurt myself a tear in my left labrum. Go to a sports doctor this week. Be smarter than me don't over do it. We have to stay positive, active and try to smile, I most say this has not been one of my smartest moves.

• Posted

Thank you for your lovely words of wisdom! I'll take them to heart!

Lol...funny fun fact 'bout my daughter. She's 42. Still likes to create memories with her mom! We've been doing this treck to the pumpkin patch since her and her sister were 5+7!!

• Posted

Lol...sorry to hear of your injury, but yes, you ARE a fine one to talk!

Take care of yourself....

• Posted

Lynda, I was just trying to build up my leg muscles riding my bicycle, but I over did it. Now I am just hobbling around losing more muscles. I hoping I haven't ruined my ski season. Not too active, still positive with a dumb smile

🙂

• Posted

Well if you ski....you surely are a step ahead of me! I've skied one time and nearly ended up taking a nose dive into the stream at the bottom of the slope😝!

Really too bad as I live about 4hrs away from what I consider to be one of the most beautiful places on earth....LAKE TAHOE!!

• Posted

Oh, Lynda I love the Lake Tahoe area when we were moving to the SW that was my first choice. Some great ski areas around the lake and the scenery is breathtaking. We are now settled in NM and I have job offers from 2 ski areas to teach this winter, if I can just get moving. Doctor on Thursday May give some insight. Stay well, keep moving, but don't follow my example. You got smile! ??

• Posted

I got smile...I like that!

Agreed about lake Tahoe....it is, indeed, breathtaking! The mountains, the lake, but most of all....the glorious TREES! Omg...makes me smile just to think of! 😁

• Posted

And great ski areas, the snow a bit heavy, but I don't care. Neither one of our football teams are doing that great, sorry about the QB! Well as an old NE sport's fan, wait till next year!

You gotta smile! 🙂😄

• Posted

Omg....I couldn't believe it when Jimmy G. got injured!😱😣. THIS was 'sposed' to BE our year! You just never know, do you??

U hope you're able to get your "ski legs" going....sounds like great job opportunities ahead!

Please keep me posted on how you're doin'. A busy week ahead w/appts, very nervous. I guess I'll be finding out about eye surgery possibilities....

• Posted

Lynda, being a NE sports fan for years our saying was wait till next year. We ever know, let us know your status. I will post to you. Thursday is my big day, going to see sports doctor, who will look at the MRI. Hopefully I will get a good report. Good luck, think positive, smile. The tops of our mountains are white. Thinking positive for a great ski season! 🙂

• Posted

hi michdonn...sending u loads of good thoughts and best wishes! I'm confident you'll have a good report in all areas!

please look for my latest post re my appt today!

• Posted

Lynda, I will do my best to watch for your post. Life is a little crazy at this time, I will explain later. Good luck, try to stay positive and smile 🙂. Wait till next year!🙃

• Posted

if you need 2 p/m me, please do so! that seems to be the ONLY way I'm receiving things in a timely manner!

I'm concerned with why things are "crazy" w/you right now (apart from this nightmare on the forum)😠

• Posted

when I first read your post, I scratched my head...couldn't figure out what in the world you were talking about! Then it "clicked"! My daughter??

Yes indeedy, she Still wants to create Holiday Memories!...silly girl...

• Posted

Lynda, yes things are crazy with me. So i put a tear in my labrum riding my bicycle, but the doctors are saying that i also hurt my back and the pains in my legs is being caused by back problems. I only hope they figure this out so I can get some relief. This no sleeping and pain is almost enough to stop me from smiling, but I am still smiling and thinking positive about a great ski season. But i must admit not too active.

My Red Sox just made it to the World Series again, I do miss going to Fenway Park, a real great old place. Try to get that smile on. 😉

• Posted

hey michdonn...congrats on your red's trip to the Series!!

I'm so sorry to hear if your latest injury....

I'm also sorry this took so long to get back to you! Still having Major Problems w/this forum/format.....

notifications are so INCREDIBLY screwed up!

Most times I just randomly stumble across these posts....not an effective way to communicate AT ALL! And given the "funk" I'm in right now, I could really use the support on what seems to be s Very Quiet weekend for me...😭💆

• Posted

Hi Lynda, yes this forum format is causing us user problems, but it is not the first time, we have to hang in there and get through it. The 49s play the Rams this weekend, well that might not be much fun for a 49er fan, but you never know, there are always surprises.

Good luck hope the 49ers pull off an upset. Try to be positive with a smile.🙂

• Posted

hey michdonn...Sox -v- Dodgers....Great series ahead!

waiting for my 49ers @1:25 today😕🍀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.