Trying to reconnect!!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi folks...I sure hope someone is reading this as I'm feeling somewhat invisible right now!

I had joked before that at some point I felt I'd crossed over into the Twilight zone....I didn't realize how prolific I was!! I REALLY feel in the zone right now, or at the very least, lost in cyber space!

I'm struggling BIG TIME right now and till now didn't realize just how important you all have become to me!

If anyone out there could help me reconnect, please let me know and I'll keep fingers crossed (if they're not too stiff) that my notifications resume!

Thinking about everyone!

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

You mentioned a few days ago that your Doctor has started you on Prozac...?

It will take a few days for you to settle down into this new medication. 

You have to try and think positive, which is part of pmr treatment. ( or any illness if it comes to that. )

We are all pulling for you and hope that you will  feel reassured by the posts we have just now posted. 

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words r.d.s!

Yes I've started Prozac, but only yesterday, so it's way too soon to tell how it's workin'.

I'll keep you posted tho'.

So nice to have the forum up and running again!

• Posted

Hi lynda62707

I had no posts for a while i thought everyone must be doing ok and lo and behold i have a multitude of posts all at once! If the effort of going to the 'pumpkin patch' causes you too much stress then don't go, but on the other hand it may be fun and take your mind off things for a while. As your daughter says just take your time. If you have one, take a fold up stool or chair with you to take a rest. Let us know how you got on if you decide to go and most certainly don't feel guilty if you can't make it...loads of good wishes your way have a good time if you go..😊🤗

• Posted

Hi lynda62707

If you do go to the pumpkin patch when you look at those pumpkins imagine that's what my chops used to look like when on pred.....happy, kind thoughts..

• Posted

Lol, lol smile mary! You 'crack' me up! I wish I could meet you, I suspect we'd be great friends!

I'm gonna greatly consider going to the patch...afterall, what's the worst that could happen?? (Oh God!)

Maybe I'll try and hit a second-hand store this week, and see if I can pick up some type of a folding chair (thanks for the advice).

Forgive me if my typing is off, I'm having major double vision right now. It's hard to see what I'm typing.

I'll let you know about the possible 'patch'.💕?👌

• Posted

So Mary Mary quite contrary!!!

There is hope that my moon face, with one red cheek will disappear eventually.   🙏

My glasses are very tight, due to swollen cheeks, but at least they are not sliding down my nose anymore.   ( something positive from the prednisone ...😂wink

• Posted

On my holiday this spring one of the fellow participants in the tour had a very clever walking stick with a seat attached to it.  She brought it everywhere so I assume it was very light.  She was, incidentally,  the woman who told me about the salt trick which has helped me so much.  
    • Posted

I LOVE the direction I see this forum taking! HUMOR!!

It really (sometimes anyway) is a nice way of dealing with a "not so nice" disease.

It's been so great waking up this am and LAUGHING, even tho i have a splitting headache, Very stiff fingers, an aching shoulder, and horrible vision in one eye! What a hot mess!!

Thx guys....you've put me in the right frame of mind to tackle another day! 😘

P.s....49er football today!!

• Posted

I'll keep that seat in mind when I treck out to the second hand store! (Got to watch the pennies!)😲

• Posted

Usually known as shooting sticks - google them.
    • Posted

Hi lynda62707

I think it would be a riot if we met up...perhaps it's a case of 'Never the twain should meet'..haha!🤗😄..no, joking aside yes i suspect we would be great friends as it seems we understand each other. As we are both the other side if the pond we'll have to keep in touch on the forum as i hate flying! 😣 hope you get your seat/chair from thrift store..ciao for now...good, kind and happy thoughts your way...

• Posted

Hi r.d.s26296

Yes, your moon/pumpkin face will disappear eventually as you gradually taper off pred. Even though i watched my diet and carbs i still had a fat face!😕but it is back to normal size now and the specs i had then fall right off my face, i can't even hook the arms over my ears they're too wide 🤓. You will get there r.d.s with positive thoughts and happy days....

• Posted

Eileen Dear

One would have to have an extremely tiny derrière to sit on one of those shooting sticks.   

An elderly friend of mine toppled off hers,as it wasn't so stable. She is a very young 81 year old. 😱 Luckily she fell on a grassy patch. 

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone.  Far too

Dangerous. 

• Posted

Depends which sort you get. Some have quite respectable seats. Though they aren't meant for SITTING on - just perching to rest your legs.

• Posted

Try travel seat or cane seat, and on line some seem quite inexpensive.  Even Staples seems to carry them.  They seem to open up into a three legged stool.   What my acquaintance had didn't look like a shooting stick.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.