Trying to understand

Posted , 8 users are following.

So my partner has had his prostate removed over 9 months ago and he has obviously been through a tough time and I am really trying to be patient and understanding with him but he seems to be building a wall. I guess I am trying to ask for advice on helping him to feel better about his slow going progress......to me It doesn't matter because the cancer is gone and he is physically healthy but I know he is going through many emotional and mentally emotions...just asking for advice.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My advice would be to ignore the sexual side of your relationship. I think he is putting up a wall because he feels guilty about letting you down and he would rather not continue with sexual relations at the moment. The best you can do for him is to not show your frustration, but to show love and tenderness in other ways and gradually he will start to respond in kind. He has and still is going through a lot of trauma mentally and physically, so let him take it slowly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.