Tugging pain in pelvis

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hi all has anybody had a pulling/tugging pain in pelvis and right side? Every time I turn over in bed my stomach feels like it's pulled a muscle, I've had this for a few weeks now. I have some discomfort in my right upper side too. Do you think this could be a cyst? Would really appreciate any feedback.

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello.  I have had for almost two years and discomfort in my right side from the groin up to under my rib cage.  I can still work out but it has gotten to where it feels like a balloon is in there and it feels like a runner's side stitch.  I originallythought it was my ovaries.  I have had ultrasounds, a CT scan recently and they were all normal.  I think I need an MRI to seek out Muscle/tendon/ligament damage???  any fitness freak like myself ever have anything like this.  I also thought I had a hernia...

• Posted

hi barbara,

did you ever find out what your right sided pain was.?

• Posted

I have what i think is either a hernia or an abdominal wall tear.  I feel like someone blew up a balloon and left it there.  it also feels like a runner's stitch.  I am a very active athlete and it is now disrupting my routines.  I have had this for almost two years and it is not going away, it is even getting worse.  I have had abdominal ultrasounds, transvaginal ultrasounds, a CT scan, which all came back normal.  I have a follow up this week to ask what now???  I feel it when I bend over and i lifted something two weeks ago and i felt what was like two fingers poking me with a bit of pain..help anyone!!!!

• Posted

to barbara,

your post was 9 months ago.

did you ever find out what was causing your pelvic pain?

was anything else effected.

ie.painful intercourse, change of bowel habit.

i'm nearly 4 years trying to get a diagnosis.

my latest thoughts are that my retroverted uterus has pulled a ligament and is in a bad place causing the other problems.

of course it could be the beginnings of some kind of prolapse

but with all the tests my doctors are hopeless at diagnosing the problem.

• Posted

Ladies, have you considered some stretches for your psoas muscle that runs along the front of your pelvic  area?  Also, to address a stuck SI joint in your pelvis?

im a 61 year old woman who regularly practices yoga, but started having such deep pain in my lower right abdominal area and low back that I feared a lot of the same things you're discussing. I was also having pain and numbness in my IT band. All right sided. 

I started to address those two areas and, ....viola!  Pain and tightness began to disappear. There's a lot of good exercises for both on the Internet. 

Hope this helps in pointing to other treatment options before spending a great deal more on doctor bills. It may just be that simple for you as well. I hope so!!   Blessings!smile

• Posted

Please could you give me more information about your post. I think it is what I am suffering from. Many thanks.
  • Posted

Hi I have been having pain in lower right pelvic area for some time now. I feel like a tugging and fluttering just on the right side and also front of my thigh pulls and lower right back pain. I'm so worried. Gynae said all felt normal in December. I'm doing a colonoscopy next month as my dad had colon cancer and they want to rule that out. I'm not sure if my top bikini line area is swollen or just fat (put on a couple of kilos lately). My gp says its ibs, Gynae thinks it's scar tissue from appendix scar and I am going insane with worry. Could it be ovarian cancer?
    • Posted

Hi, I know this post is old but I have similar symptoms and was wondering if you ever found out what it was? Thanks
  • Posted

hi, i just wanted to say that for me this started september of 2015, i started to get a little bit of pain in the left side of my pelvic although first starting out it wasnt that bad then every month before my period it strated getting worse and it goes back and forth between right pelvic and left pelvic now , its really sore to the touch like sensitive and will burn if any pressure applied to the skin, when it acts up i feel something in my pelvic being twisted and turned and like someone squeezing it too i have to kneel down just to try to make it hurt a little less,i end up on the floor crying and cant move because im in so much pain , walking activates it is one thing ive found and when the drs did an ultra sound like they do for pregnant women they said they couldnt find anything, they just prescribed me pain killers, those arnt even working anymore and im still expierencing this

• Posted

Hi Jess, please could you tell me if you were able to get a diagnosis or anything that has helped you get better. I have been in the same situation for a year. I am now on opium based painkillers as no one has a clue. I've been xrayed & scanned yet nothing has been found. I am simply desperate & at the point where the pain is so bad now I have no enjoyment in my life.

• Posted

Hi Lisa15739,

Do you have any more information?

I have a similar sensation on the front left side of my hip/ abdominal area.

I was using the exercise bike and accidentally set off a tugging feeling under the skin. I went to the Doctors and they diagnosed it ad a pulled muscle and asked me to come back on Monday to follow up.

• Posted

After many months of worrying the dr was right the pain does come when I will be about to get lower back pain. Now I use it as a warning sign to take it easy so my back doesn't get worse. I suffer from right side low back pain and also have my sciatic nerve that troubles me. I had hurt when I was 13 and now that I'm in my 40's it really troubles me but I must say that knowing where the pain comes from has eased my worries 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.