Turmeric!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

i am 51 years old and suffered HS since I was 18. Told I would grow out of it but still suffering with boils in the vaginal and groin area. As you can imagine a real passion killer. God bless my husband he has been so understanding. Tried soaps, black soap is a good one, hiibiscrub

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lulu

I’m too suffering, keep having a recurring boil in my groin and it’s so painful... lucky I’m on annual leave for another week so hopeful it will soon die down before I’m back at work. Please can you tell me more about turmeric and how this has helped you.

Kind regards 

• Posted

Hi. Sorry I didn't finish my post last night and couldn't amend it! As my earlier post I have tried different soaps, hibiscrub, coconut oil which do help but having read up on turmeric which has had a lot of press lately thought I would try the capsules. I had this boil for about three months going from groin onto buttock it would flare up then die down but still there. Also had two other lumps either side on the vaginal area.  I have been taking the capsules for a week, they have gone! After all these years cannot believe it, it can only be the turmeric as haven't done anything else different. Only time will tell if they truly work as scared they might come back but I am definitely going to keep taking the capsules. I take 3 x 400mg a day. Give it a go as it has other health benefits too.  Let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

Thank you Lulu, I will order some now. I’m the same especially in my groin area, either side of my vagina. They just keep reoccurring and rub with underwear. Definitely a passion killer! But like you I have. Very understanding partner. Thanks again, I be in touch with a update. xx
    • Posted

Hi Lulu,  

Thanks so much for posting.  I’ve suffered with Hidradenitis since 2009.  Ended up having surgery in 2010 and 2014 to remove the glands from under my arm due to constant flare ups.  Had a partial hysterectomy in May, notified shortly after I started developing boils on my buttocks and both sides of my vaginal area.  I’m thinking because my hormones are out of wack.  Also noticed that anything with acid and caffeine triggers an outbreak.  I’m definitely going to try the Turmeric, because it gets depressing having to deal with the boils.  

Thanks and continued luck with the capsules.  

Queenmarie65 

• Posted

Hi flashunta3

so sorry to hear you have been suffering for so long. I have had this for 33 years and it has only been in the groin area, however did have a flare up last year under my arm, but after antibiotics it cleared up. I do believe it is related to hormones as mine are also out of whack, my consultant said I would "grow out of it" but am still waiting! I have tried everything and I am not one for broadcasting my personal problems but feel turmeric has really helped me in only a week so I must share to fellow sufferers in the hope it will help. It may not work for some but it has got good reviews. Good luck and all he best for 2018 xx

• Posted

Hello, my name is Sylvannah. I have also been dealing with HS for 9 years now. I started taking tumeric for a few days, haven't noticed much of a difference yet. Hopefully it will start to clear up as I continue to take it. I recommend not wearing any underwear, it helps my HS not being irritated as much ! smile

• Posted

yep other than turmeric, its also ginger and garlic. Not just prevention, it is even a cure for me. I smoke as well and now havent had flare ups since last 7 months. I posted my experiments on this website and I mentioned other things that helped me.!
  • Posted

Do you guys think the turmeric with black pepper will work better than the regular turmeric?
    • Posted

Curcumin is the active ingredient in the turmeric so look for that in the highest dosage that you can find, combined with black pepper extract or pipperine (sp?). It definitely needs the black pepper to absorb properly. My curcumin is 950mg with 5mg black pepper extract and is my pureclinica but you still need to take a few of them a few times a day to really get a strong dose for anti-inflammatory purposes. There’s a website that’s just called ‘examine’ that is really good for finding scientific research on supplements and the correct doses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.