TURP

Posted , 10 users are following.

Help. I am in considerable pain tonight. I had a TURP done about 61/2 years ago and I have had problems since then. Been to many Doctors. My present Urologist has sent me for pelvic physical therapy. During my last visit my therapist pressed on my prostate and the hit the exact spot where the pain seems to be generating from. The thinking being that it could be scar tissue from the surgery over 6 years ago. I am getting sick of being in constant discomfort for the last 61/2 years. Nobody ever mentioned scar tissue to me before and I just want to PLEASE have my life back. My current urologist did mention the possibility of having the prostate out over the course of time if nothing else works. I do wonder why I have to find out about the scar tissue 61/2 years after surgery. Why could I have not found out about this sooner?  I will do whatever I'm told. I just want to Get Better. I'm scared. I've been told this is prostatitis, but I just don't know. No man out there should know the amount of discomfort I have endured for the last half dozen years I have had this. I do prey when my current urologist does see me next month he will do everything in his power to please help me and make me well again. I have faith in him. I just don't know why it took so long when nobody seemed to care. Does anybody on here understand how i feel and just maybe have a little compassion for someone who has suffered for and recieved little sympathy from the medical profession for so very long. I do need understanding friends and any helpful advise anyone may care to give me and connection with anyone who has gone through anything familiar such as mine. As I said I am scared right now and would like positive, not negative feedback. I do very much want to get better and live my life once again. Awful feeling of discomfort down in the pelvic area. Could this be scar tissue????

Steve 

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Steven,

Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain.  Don't be scared your condition will get better. Yes, it could be prostatitis.  Where is the pain located? Is it in one area or does it move?  Let me know.

Hope you feel better soon.

James

• Posted

Hi James,

Thank you So Much for replying. The pain( discomfort) is in my perrenial area. The area between my testacles and anus.

Steve 

• Posted

Hi Steve,

You're clearly having an awful time and I hope you get help with this soon. Pain over a lengthy period is bound to affect your morale. I think it's brilliant that you're reaching out for support, but of course none of us on this forum can be with you in person. I wonder if you need someone in your weekly routine to talk to about what you are going through. Does your doctor's surgery offer counselling?

All the best,

Peter

• Posted

I'm wondering if this could have been from the surgery or Prostatitis ?
  • Posted

Hi, i am not  an expert,and there are people on this forum who have similar issues to yourself, and i am sure they will speak up soon, how ever, scar tissue is a problem,and can manifest itself immediately after the op , or later on! so go with the Urologist on this,before taking on Prostatitis!! As James says heat pads may help in the meantime fo relief, but my bet would be scar tissue and re-growth! Do you  live in UK or USA,? i am in UK, and the procedures offered are not as wide and encompassing as in the USA...But be very thoughtful before  committing to anything permanent!! but in the end peace of  mind and body come first..so keep at the Urologist and department!! all the very best my friend..Syd
    • Posted

If they can't remove the scar tissue than I would just as soon have the prostate taken out, Do you know what i mean?  I have had this pain and discomfort now for 6 1/2 years

Steve

• Posted

hello Steven, I feel for you buddy i have had prostatits on and off for several years, but have always nbeen able to get back to mostly normal buy taking several weeks of antibiotics.  In Jan of this year i had aPAE procedure done, and have been in lots of pain since, apparently I have areaction to the beads used and they are not removable. Now I have constant  pressure, and pain after ejaculation.  The only thingso far that has helped much at all is Pprescription anti inflammatories. Have you by any chance tried any of thiose? If it is scar tissue, they will most likely at least give you some temporary relief. 

Its really amazing all the problems that one little glad can cause.

Good luck and it will hopefully get better.

• Posted

Yes it is, Joe. I will try everything that i can. Any suggestions on this site will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to live this way any longer.

Steve

• Posted

Steven ask your regular Doc to call you in a script for a prednisone dose pak. One is not going to do any harm, and you will know within 2 days if the inflammation is going down. My symptoms improve almost immediately after starting a pak. Unfortunately they come back as soon as I finish it. But at least you do get a few days relief and some hope for better days.

• Posted

You did not mention if you ever had an MRI done.
    • Posted

Yes I did, Lester.  The mri stated " Patchy nonmass-like areas of T2 hypointensity in both sides of the peripheral zone without restricted diffusion. This is probaly scarring related to chronic prostatitis '. But is it really prostatitis?

Steve

• Posted

If no tests have proven anything for sure then could it be pent-up gas that causes pain? Try a few anti-gas pills and see if there is any relief.
  • Posted

Additional TURP or better still laser can remove scar tissue but as others say prostititus sounds more likely. Is is better when standing rather than sitting or laying in bed?  Have you had a cystoscopy to see what is going on in there?
    • Posted

Yes Derek,  Hurts constatly. When standing or sitting. Prostatitis could be a possibility or scar tissue. But the question is, which is it. Wish I could find an answer.

Steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.