TURP procedure RE: reproduction and sexual repercussions

Posted , 12 users are following.

The urologist I saw has got me in on a cancellation and notified me last Thursday to do the TURP in 25 days.

I want to decline, one concern is that even though I'm older I still may want children at some point in the next  couple years as well after develop a relationship with a woman that I will meet.

The idea of and the repercussions that I understand about the procedure could limit me in my fertility and sexual performance arena.

If I stated to the urologist at this point that this was a major concern with me, doesn't seem likely he would look for alternative solutions to my BPH issues? Is it valid for not having the TURP done at this point?

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Urolift = Nightmare.

DO NOT DO IT!!!

My condition is WORSE than before the procedure. Now my new Urologist says I am faced with laser surgery to correct but i will have to self catherize DAILY for the REST of my life or scar tissue will reform.

DO NOT DO IT !!!

SAY NO TO UROLIFT

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.