TURPs dirty little secret

Posted , 14 users are following.

You won’t ejaculate !

Most urologists won’t tell you that tho.

When you have a 27 year old wife who wants children it’s an important issue,this could cause some people to divorce.

My wife is heart broken and I feel like I’ve let her down and wouldn’t blame her for leaving me .

Get the facts guys on prostate procedures before it’s too late .

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just what Derek said.  There are so many other procedures that a large prostate can have.  He just took here word but we know that we can not all ways do that.  We have to do research on it.    Ken I sent you a PM I hope you read it it may help.  Lets hope.  God speed and I hope you heal well  Ken
  • Posted

It is well known that TURP can cause sexual issues.  Your urologist sold you what she was able to do.  If they only have TURP on the menu, then they sell you TURP.  As patients, we have to be our own advocates.  There is a legal issue to this.  There should be open disclosure about side-effects and benefits so you can make an informed decision.  If this has severely impacted your life in a negative way and you were not properly informed, I would discuss this with legal counsel. 
    • Posted

Good morning Cam  That is very good advise.  I hope all will work out for him.  God Bless  Ken 
    • Posted

His word against hers and she would have a nurse with her
    • Posted

Yes that is true.  We will never know what was said.  Take care  Ken
    • Posted

Quite a few people now record their consultations as an aid memoire as well as future evidence. 
  • Posted

You should have signed a consent form with some disclosure on it.  With any doctor, we must go in with eyes open and trust must be earned.  Some people in the medical field truly care.  There are enough in it also with the wrong intent.  It's strictly business for them.  Again, if you feel that you were maligned, check with a legal adviser in medical malpractice.  They can tell you conclusively what your rights are and if your case was handled properly.  

• Posted

Doc went over all that stuff with me. Possible issues even possibility of death. Had me sign off that it was discussed and I was told about all possible outcomes. Signed less stuff when I bought a house.
    • Posted

I would say your doctor gave you full disclosure.  This is how it is supposed to be done.  The smart doctors will protect themselves legally and protect the patient as well.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.