Turps Operation

Posted , 13 users are following.

I had the procedure 1 week ago, a middle procedure.  I have a very large prostate and it had grown into my bladder.  I am 63 and very active male with a good sex life.   I was able to pee prior to Turps but it was a real problem. Three docs said I should do it,  I finally pull the trigger and at this point it has been nothing but misery.  Lots of pain, bladder spasms, pee every hour if not sooner 50 to 100 cc's not enough.  I have peed in my pants once.  I cannot work.  This is not a walk in the park, as this point I regret every minute of it.  Docs make it sound so 1 night in hospital, going home with a cath take it out in a few days and viola your peeing like a horse..NOT!  The spasms are the worse and you want to pee a gallon but just drips.  I do not want to call him back because he will want to stick the God awful cath back in.  Unless you are not peeing at all wait for a better idea this is not good.  One caveat it has been only a week so I may come back with a different opinion in the future but I cannot afford to wait long.  This sucked!

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Very Sorry to hear about this , My condition is more worst . My heart filled with Dipression . You may feel better soon as its just been a week , you may need some time to Recover .
    • Posted

Finally a week after 2nd turps in 2 weeks cath removed i am peeing. It is such a pleasure to do the things you take for granted. It has been a very tough 3 weeks with lots of pain. I pray that it stays open and the peeing continues.
  • Posted

It has been a week after cath removed and 2nd turps middle lobe.  There is still blood and burns to pee, anyone else with same issue.  I am peeing every 30 mins
    • Posted

Yes. You will see blood for a while. Pain is from stretching during procedure. It will stop.
    • Posted

Yes it will take time.   A turp procedure is the worst to heal from and you had 2 of them.  No man should have to do that to his body.  Just listen to your doctor and try to rest when you can please  Ken 
    • Posted

Thanks to all for the information, this has been hell and I am still there just not as bad. The doctor acted like this was a walk in the park.
  • Posted

4 weeks post TURP report

Cath first 3 days.  Immediately after cath had strong stream with distinct start and stop.   Small bit of blood at beginning of stream until end of 3rd week.   Bleeding stopped after 3 weeks.   Built up walking to 10 miles at 4 weeks.     At 4 week checkup, Dr gave go-ahead to jog and easy biking.   Still waking with same frequency as pre-surgery, however sleep is more sound without having a constant urge to go.   According to Dr, frequency will improve over coming months.

• Posted

I started this thread and now it has been about a month since my turps for the middle lobe and three weeks since cath out.  Now I feel like the end of my penis is extremely sensitive and I can hardly walk with my under wear or running shorts rubbing against the head of my penis.  It feels like I have to alwasy pee.  It is very annoying.  Anyone else have this issue.  Did the doc burn a nerve?
    • Posted

I am sorry that you are still having a problem.  I hope you can get to where you feel it was worth having the surgery.  No man should have to go through these things jsut to pee...I will say a prayer for you.  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.