Tvt surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm 1 week pre op I haven't been told what I can do and can't do apart from don't heavy lifting. It's been hard as a single mum with 3 children my youngest is 17 months which she is so clingy I know I can't pick her up been so hard.wanted some advice on what I can do and can't I'm also a carer for elderly just wondered if anyone else does this job .

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm sure you will get lots of replies to help you. It must be so difficult having young children following this surgery. You will need to change your mindset to lifting which will be so difficult with a young family. I really feel for you caring for you 17month old. All you can do is avoid lifting him and encourage him to lie down for you for nappy change etc. Once you have fully recovered keep your pelvic floor strong. As you are only young you have a good chance to keep those muscles strong. It's so difficult to avoid lifting. Even shopping is difficult. Just think of all the ways you can avoid heavy lifting. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you Mary it has been so hard my mum has helped with my little girl but try not to put too much on my mum as had heart attack last year. Little one has decided she likes to climb today's not understanding I can't get her down lol x

• Posted

10 days post I feel a bit down not doing nothing it's been hard with my 17 month old mums been taking her home a lot.got bit of brown discharge smells a bit not liking not being able to bath as it fells dirty down the it feel like popping when sit down do I still need to be wearing my Ted stocking as walking round house a bit keep feeling like feet are cold but not as got slippers on .sorry to be a pain .

• Posted

I'm 2 weeks pot mine and I think it is safe to take the teds off. My dr was ok with me not wearing mine. I too thought it smelt funny, but had a check up and no infection. She said it will smell a little as it is clearing out everything but to worry when it smells like meat turned bad (lovely description 😳wink. Today and yesterday I have been bleeding more heavily and using wipes to clean myself up. Hope it gets easier soon. Don't know how you are doing it with a toddler. Credit to you. 

• Posted

Spelling ** post op for mine**
    • Posted

Hi I was getting worried might have a infection I haven't got a shower been going mums to have 1 but last night had a bath as felt dirty and bit sore. Yes it hard with my little girl had her her on my own the other day she was climbing and couldn't get her down was in garden I quickly went toilet can out she had climbed on a old quad toy bike and onto our trampoline I could of cried I was thinking how am I going to get her down .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.