twas the night before surgery...

Posted , 15 users are following.

and all through my house!

everyone was nervous even the mouse!

haha

well tomorrow I have my a&p repair 😬😬 have to be in hospital at 12!

so so nervous!! just want it to be over now the before part is horrible!!!

0 likes, 77 replies

77 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi no one could have been as nervous as me but every 1 on this site was so supportive. I could not believe how quick it has gone I had a spinal block & the first night was a little sore but nothing 2 what I thought it was going 2 b. The only thing I can say is u have 2 rest it is along healing process but u must not do any thing. But it's worth it in the long run if u need any advice just ask no matter how silly u may think it is I'm now 8wks post op & getting there 😄 Good luck 4 2 day u won't need it 😄
  • Posted

Good luck all will be fine xx
    • Posted

thanks all!

dat in my goen and horrible disposable knickers thats dont fit!! waiting for the calll!

• Posted

wishing you all the VERY best for today.  How funny... my silly paper knickers didnt fit either they are made for a size 6 to 8 I think!  If only

sending you my thoughts for today xx

• Posted

Well I hope the support socks fit better than mine did!  Each time (I had a general anaesthetic for the colcoscopy so needed them for that too) they just kept rolling down into a ridge mid calf!
  • Posted

morning ladies

well its 5am and awake after being awoken for the umpteenth time lol every 2 hours to be exact!!! so much for rest!

i am OK! in pain of course and this awful pressue in my bum area is not comfortable, but thankfully its manageable, if i stay still the pain eases off.

but the hero of the whole surgery has to me the lovely anesthetiologist, told him i struggle with sickness and nausea after anesthetic regarless of anti sickness meds, so he said he was gonna try something different with me to see if it helped! and it so did! no nausea or sick i could eat when i came out it was bliss! i was stressing about heeving with these stitched!

i do have the funky leg boots that inflate randomly for circulation, so thats distraction and appeny i had the start of uti at pre op so they started me on antibiotics yesterday

cant wait for pack out 😁😁😁

cant wait for breakfast either haha its a fulll cooked breakfast lollll

chat later ladies 😘

• Posted

Everyone must be sleep! It's little after 11pm here in Arizona do I'm just going to bed.

Well you did it!! Seems like so much has gone well thus far. Take it easy and rest and give your sell enough recovery yine!

• Posted

You'll feel better when they take the vaginal pack out later this morning - I did. Plenty of fluids today - that also soften the poo! I'm now 8 weeks post op and feeling great!
    • Posted

cant wait for that and catheter out but also means i have to move lol

but so far i feel good 👍

docter says up to me but i can go home later today or stay so i dont know if i stay one more night or go home??? im tempted to stay just to be sure lol

• Posted

I went home the day after op - hadn't slept a wink the night before due to a lot of noise in the ward.Perhals  ait and see if you manage a BM  and then decide! Good luck either way and keep us posted!
    • Posted

So pleased to hear all went well, wishing you a speedy recovery. X
    • Posted

Thank you for the update mosnippy and thinking about you. Even though you're awake you are still resting. Keep in touch x
    • Posted

thank you ❤️

just took my pack out! wow that was uncomfortable experience but feel better already! geebus they put alot in there!

1 hour and catheter will be out 😀 so almost normal! then the attempt to be mobile and i just hope my bladder does what it should lol

thank you all for the support!!

• Posted

Morning:-))))  If you're in pain, tell them.  You shouldn't need to be in pain at all.  That's great about the lack of sickness:-)))  Ah - here they only put the inflating boots on while they do the op and then when you wake up you've got the white stockings on.  Have a lovely breakfast, enjoy being waited on, and have a lovely day today:-))))  Ask for something for the pain if you've still got it:-))))
    • Posted

i have stockings and boots lol thanks to my previous dvt and pe its the norm! lol luckily not to bad!

breakfast was lovely and feel loads better now pack is out!

they are monitoring my hand where drip thingy is as its very red all way down arm and no one seems to be sure if its bruising! its not hot or painful so a bit perplexing lol

i have to say enjoying vegging and watching mind numbing tv haha havent done that since forever haha

• Posted

You sound wonderfully chirpy:-)))  I was like that too:-))))  Sorry to hear about the arm though!  I'm glad they're keeping an eye on it:-)))  Yes, get some of those rubbishy magazines too - anything that doesn't require much concentration:-))))  If you're anything like I was you're being beseiged by texts etc. of people asking how you are LOL!  It was all very nice, but my husband was asking every five minutes when could he come and take me home LOL!  Then I had to explain that he couldn't keep phoning because I was waiting for something or other to be done - catheter out, and physio to come, and pharmacist to come - they don't realise what a busy life it is in there LOL!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.