Twitches in head and eye

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Ive been diagnosed with Hemapelgic Migraines and currently on a new medicaiton. Does any experience eye twitches or twitches in their head (like pulses)  Ive been experiencing this alot recently?

Robyn smile

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Robyn,

Yes, these are typical issues you get with hemaplegic migraine.  They can vary though, I get severe eye pain and photophobia.  Different people get slightly different problems with this condition.  I think when you increase flunarizine to 10mg, this will help all these symptoms

• Posted

Hi Steve,

Do you get pulsing in your temples? Ive been getting this lot recently too. i ws feeling much better but since last night I have had bad eye pain in my left eye, pressure behind the eye, tingling in lips, facial numbness,pressure in the sides of my head and twitching in my eye and head. I too get photophobia especially with flashing lights i just cannot tolerate, even small flashes like taking a photo. Im hoping that this is just a bad few days and like you say when i increase the dosage it will help.

Migraines are such strange things arent they? B efore i suffered from them i thought that migraines were just bad headaches, which is still why i think i get a bit anxious when i get a new symptom.

• Posted

Hi Robyn,

Yes migraines sure are strange and annoying things!

Yes, I get all of those symptoms you mentioned and more besides, you see I was diagnosed with 2 types of migraine, aparantly rare, so I take all manner of meds.

I have to go for another MRI soon because they started coming on when I did some exercise, I now take yet another med.

Its natural to get anxious when you get new symptoms, but they do evolve over time, so what you get one time, you get something different next.  Keep a diary to show your neurologist next time you go.  I have to since starting this new med.

• Posted

Thats a great idea! Ill do that, I have an appointment at the end of September.

Thankyou for the reassurance.

• Posted

You're welcome Robyn, always here to help if I can, just send a message
    • Posted

Hi Robyn,

Good to here from you.

Yes, I have at times had ice pick headaches, but they are to do with my cluster headaches rather than my HM or side effects from flunarizine.  Have you just started getting them Robyn?  It could be you mean that like me, you have the rare combination of HM and cluster headaches and my neurologist said that statistcally only 10 people in the country have this. Do you get any other symptoms with it?

• Posted

I get a lot of pain sometimes behind my eye but all day yesterday I had a stabbing pain in my head that lasted about 4 seconds that kept coming and going. 

My medication goes up in a few days so I hope that helps as the last few days have been awful with the pulsing and pressure. 

Hope you are well 

• Posted

Hi Robyn,

Yes I am well thanks.

This is typical cluster headache as well as HM you have.  The flunarizine will help for sure, but ask your neurologist for sumatriptan injections, they will deal with it.  They are not pain killers, but they deal with the cause of the problem.

Good luck Robyn, always here to listen to you

Take care

• Posted

but if you tell your GP you have these symptoms, they should give you sumatriptan injections, mine did before I ever went to neurologist.

You may need some additional preventative meds Robyn to deal with these additional symptoms.  You can ask him to consider Verapamil and Pregabalin

• Posted

Thanks Steve that's a great help. 

I've had this so long now but I still feel something bad is going to happen like I might pass out or something. Don't think I'll ever get used to it

• Posted

Robyn,

You wont pass out, but I know from experience its not nice to say the least!  You can only use the injections twice in 24 hours.  But if you get the right preventative meds, you will find you wont need them much at all.

Keep nagging your GP and the neurologist, its worth it in the end.

Any time Robyn

• Posted

I've got the injections haven't used them yet as worried it will hurt haha. Do you have any side effects from them? 
    • Posted

Hi Robyn,

Do you have the generic version or Imigran injections?  I ask this as you use them in a slightly different way, but bot types have short needles that when you press the button go in very quickly and yes naturlally they hurt a bit initially but breathe deeply for a few seconds and you be ok.  What happens after that is you get a light headed feeling, and you feel drowsy, this is all normal.  Then after a few minutes the headache start to go.  You will notice that you are quite sensitive to heat and cold, but this soon goes too.

Let me know how you get on Robyn, and be brave the pain from the injection is very short lived, a bit like a wasp sting, Use in your shoulder or the side of your thigh,  Good luck, take care

• Posted

Welcome Robyn

wow they gave you the expensive branded ones, lucky you :-)  But the relief is still the same, right?

Best of luck with them and hope they give you some relief from pain now

• Posted

How are you getting on with the Imigran injections Robyn?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.