Twitching, Weakness, Atrophy

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I am at a crossroads and need some advice. I have been to a neurogolist for the past year. I started out seeing my PCP for numbness and tingling in my feet. My PCP sent me to Neurologist who perfromed a EMG/NCS which showed moderate peripheral polyneuropathy.  I went to a larger Neurology group in my area. The Neurologist performed anothe EMG/NCS. The latest showed that the only mild peripheral neuropathy. All of my blood worked has come back normal.  I recently had a spinal tap performed which the glucose was normal but the protein was mildly elevated at 54.6 mg/dl. I still have numbeness and tingling but the main symptoms are now fasciculations(twitching) in the calves, feet, right knee, left eyelid and somtimes hand and muscle cramps. I have noticed that my grip is weaker and I get tired of holding items especially in a pinch grip. I have notcied some slight atrophy in my legs and I get tired from walking my dog a mile or two.  My neurologists wants me to go to major research facility like Duke, Johns Hopkins for testing. I am hestitant because right now all of my symptoms are annoying but not debilitating. I don't know if this will get worse and this is something I need to take care of. Or something I just suck up. Looking for advice and help.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do what the doctor says because what if it’s to late never suck any thing up hun lol . Jk just saying won’t hurt to do what the dr says right hugs 🤗 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.