two-week Urolift follow up

Posted , 9 users are following.

I saw my utologist today for the 2-week check-up for my Urolift procedure.  He didn't examine me but said the procedure went fine and that he put 4 bands on my prostate,  It was fine that I am off my prostate med as well as my post operative meds.  Each visit, he has patients complete a survey and assigns numeric values to answers to such questions as how many times do you get up at night to urinate, is your urine stream weakk/strong/interrupted, and so on.  My answers this time were lower whch he saw as good progress.  I made an appointment in a month for another check up in Dayton.  I have moved to Columbus and asked for a referral here.  The Urolift site does not indicate anyone in Columbus, but the dctor said he thought he knew someone and would let me know.  I read on here that recovery may take 4 to 6 weeks, and the doctor today agreed with that.  i'm glad to be dioing as well as I am, and I'm looking forward to doing still better in a few more weeks.

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi i got Urolift a week ago. but my symptom go it worse about 3days ago. before procedure i took flowmax and oxybutinine. i used to urinate 5-6times a day no wake up night but i got bad side effect. Now my stream is still weak and frequency is terrible. i go pee every hour for three days. my dr. said its common and will be fine. but i am worry its going bad.... i read post most people get recovery about a week but mine getting worse. i am still taking flowmax and oxybutine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.