Two weeks post operation

Posted , 15 users are following.

Well here I am after 2 of the worst weeks of my life. My second

Tkr was on 18th April. I left hospital after 2nights but then got a

chest infection.. Try constant coughing on top of painful knee.

They said in hospital that no two knees are the same and boy

were they right. Thank goodness this isn't the first. Sorry to

moan but it's the first time I have even been able to communicate with the outside world and just needed to get it off my chest. I

haven't been able to do much exercise but

I seem to be able to move better than I thought. I have my clips

out Sunday so things should get easier. I had forgotten about the

extent of the pain or I have got softer. Also the tiredness. Thank

goodness we only have two knees. X

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just had my 2nd 4/14/15.   The second knee is different.  Some better, some worse.   I do think it's like having a baby, we forget the worst part smile.  Just remember, like the first zTKzr, everyone progresses differently, but we all get to the same place.  
  • Posted

Btw, my doc said he had to do a lot more work on this one, so you never know, yours may have had a lot more work this time around too!   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.