Two weeks to go packing my bag and

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello fellow hippies

two weeks today ( as long as nothing goes wrong ) I will be in the same ward I was in 8 months ago having my right hip replaced. 

I have been been busy the last few days packing my bag and wrapping presents. I have worked out that if I am in for the same. Ammount of time as last time I won't get home till 2 days before Christmas. Eve so I still have a lot to sort out before I go in. Shopping almost done but wrote a list for other 1/2 to get stuff in that won't keep. still waiting on some parcels but presents I have to send out are done.The tree is up and so are the decorations. I am getting worried in case I get cancelled again. But I have been promised that if I do I will be in the first week they go back after Christmas. 

I hope ops all of you getting the bad weather are safe it is really bad here. I am glad I can't get flooded out. It is that bad 

3 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Haha , I doubled check to make sure I had the chargers, I was really lucky because my Amazon kindle charger did both and spire were happy for me to keep my charger plugged in, this will make you laugh when I broke my ankle 10 years ago asked him to pack my case, he put in one pair of pants and the most see through ones, thank goodness my youngest daughter lived not far from the hospital so she bought some in the nurses were in fits of laughter when saw haha
    • Posted

And that is the reason i will nkt be asking my Mr to help. But im young enough to get my parents to do everything for me without looking silly ahaha
    • Posted

I purchased a 'usb charger' online, it has 4 outlets, and means that with a few USB cables, I can charge up to 4 devices at the same time with the one unit - I have cables for phone, kindle and Ipod.

Graham

• Posted

Oh yes, and it has adapters for various countries too so useful on holidays too  -  search "International 4-Port USB AC Adapter" if interested.

Graham

• Posted

I used both my phone and my iPad  on the ward last time. It will be fine. My charger works for both. There both apple products. 

Oh dead lol no I  supervise everything that goes in my case. I have supervised the Christmas decorations and  the shopping so it's fine. That is why I started packing a couple of weeks in advance. Just in case I forget something. I just hope I get the room on my own this time. Last time I was in one elderly lady kept telling me to turn my light off and go to bed at 9 pm just because she wanted to go to bed. Sorry but I got cross with her and told her no one dictates to me when I should go to bed. Who does she think she is ? eek still what goes around comes around. She was very embarrassed when she tried to get up the next day from her op and peed all over the floor and started crying. I have a lot of respect for the elderly. They are full of very useful tips and stories of the past but this woman was a dominating nasty person. I spent the rest of my stay in the ward with the curtains round my bed not saying a word to anyone. This is another reason I don't really want to go back unless I get a room to myself I will still go talk to the ladies there and put the first timers at there ease but I need a bolt hole. 

• Posted

I always use them on a timer, prevents it overcharging the battery. smile
  • Posted

Good morning dear hailea, 

so good to read about all the things you have accomplished ! your house all decorated and festive - presents not only bought but also wrapped and send - 

wow .... 

weather has not been great here either - stormy with rain - not that cold though, eventhough I have been feeling cold from the waist down - good Lord, now I understand people who feel cold - never had that before like  this -

stay positive darling - 

big hug and love

renee

• Posted

Good morning  dear renee

i start shopping for Christmas in July so much easier than rising the last couple of weeks. After being told I would be going into hospital two weeks before Christmas I had to do something. Last year all I had for decoration was my tree because I couldn't do it all this year more organised and next year I will be back doing it all myself. 

The he rain and strong winds have not stopped here now for four days. I am so glad I live on high ground. Further down the valley the main town is again on flood alert  and round Snowden is the worst hit area with loads of flooding or possible flooding. It is going to be like this for the est of the week. 

I am am trying to stay positive. It is hard when there is so much to do this time of year makes me wonder if my surgeon did this on purpose lol

but out I have to get out of pain the last 8 months have been hard and so boring. I hate not being able to get out I had cabin fever for a while so took a break from here. I used to be so active and just want my life back even if it will disrupt Christmas a little. Never know I might be able to have a beer for the first time in 18 months. cheesygrin

stay warm renee I know that cold feeling very well hugs to you too x

Hailea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.