Ugh! Anyone else with this throat thing?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've seen it mentioned a few times in here. SO disturbing, and it seems to come and go just like all these crazy symptoms. 

It's almost like a "lump" in your throat, but yet...not. Somewhat like somethings caught in there, but yet you can still swallow, eat, etc. Sometimes I think it's just another anxiety attack because it comes along with a "tightening" under the chin sort of? But not all the time. Obviously anxiety comes with it because any of these weird feelings cause ME anxiety, which only makes the symptoms worse. Sometimes I get a random pain behind one of my ears with it. The little random bursts of pain, and in joints, or anywhere really, are so annoying. 

I'm not on any meds other than trying to stay diligent in taking vitamins, chelated magnesium, B12, C, Humic Minerals, a probiotic when I have one. Haven't gotten any Vit. D yet but I probably need it. I also don't add any iron and probably need that too who knows. 

Grrrr...just so tired of one day being great, next day awful. A week of good, two weeks of horrid. 

4 months ago when all this started I literally thought I was dying. Went to urgent care at midnight. Nothing wrong, some fluid behind my ears she said was causing vertigo. (dizziness was BAD at that time) Got better after learning that, wasn't as "anxious" but still have bouts of minor dizziness, not full blown vertigo again though. Some naseau with it, but not too bad. 

Allergies are much worse now too, so I take a Claritin D every day to help. 

I wonder sometimes if a bunch of these other things are really the increased allergy issue. I'm never stuffy, but it seems like a sinus headache when it comes on, and head feels heavy, I get tired, just not near as much energy as before. 

Sucks. :-( 

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hang in there Cforce..I do experience the same throaty thing and even feel that I cannot swallow anything..but it passes after awhile.

I always feel there's something stuck in my throat and when I try to clear nothing comes..for me I guess its reflux combined with anxiety.(what a mixture)

I however do the 7.4.8 breathing exercise which helps me settle down.

You're not alone...

Hugs and prayers

• Posted

I have the same thing with it being both reflux and anxiety. Like u said what a mixture. Lol. I was wondering what this 7.4.8 breathing exercise is that you do and how it helps you? Thanks.
    • Posted

Hi amy..you inhale for 7 sec hold for 4 and exhale through your mouth counting to 8 secs.

It helps me calm down as when anxiety creeps in with the difficulty in swallowing.. I must say someone mentioned of this symptom being connected to Vit D deficiency..I think so too..do let us know of your progress..xx

• Posted

Thanks I am def going to try this. I had no clue about the vitamin d issue. Wondering if may be I should try taking vitamin d? I take a vitamin b complex once a day now.I will def keep everyone updated thanks. XXxX
    • Posted

Hi amy..just one question where you mentioned about taking Vit B complex. Just wanted to know do you take other supplements as well..as many take the B6 and B12.and how many a day for how long? Please pardon my ignorance..

xx

• Posted

Hi there Amanda. I take a vitamin b complex 100 mg. It has 100mg of b1, b2,b3,b6,b12, and b5. It also has 400 mcg of folic acid. I have been on it for almost 2 weeks and have been taking 1 pill a day. It has helped a little but not much. I have been thinking about taking it twice a day but I may wait a little while longer since I have read it can take a few months for vitamins to start working. I am thinking about adding vitamin d also but haven't yet. My D levels were fine back in Sept when I had my blood work done so not sure if I should take vitamin d. And please never say pardon my ignorance. 😁 you aren't. It is great to ask questions and get information. Everyone here has asked for help and given help. We are a peri/memo family. 😃 lol. It's funny cause everyone here has more info etc than doctors do.Hugs.

• Posted

Thank you so much Amy..will start with Vit B complex right away and see how it fares for me (fingers crossed).

Love and prayers

• Posted

I am very impressed how we woman can be so strong. I went directly to a new doctor two days ago and told him "doc I work for a leaving I can't take it anymore please I need something now now now!!!!"

And he took a complete hormone panel test specifically for menopause to be sure in what stage of the process I am right now, and gave me Duavee HRT which I have been taking for 2 days now and I have to be honest is not total salvation in this two days but much much much better! I can finally sleep.

• Posted

I said the same thing to my doctor awhile ago... Im like I have to work I cant just quit my job.  I have not tried HRT and to be honest I am a little scared of it after cetain things that I have read.  Keep me posted on how you are doing with HRT. 
  • Edited

Hi Cforce.. I have exactly the same feeling in my throat, and with that, I also burping a lot. My right eye is also sore for about 2 weeks already! I went to my doctor and optometrist but they can't see anything wrong. I'm so tired of all this aches and pain hope it will subside quickly. The doctor confirmed that I'm post menopausal. I'm not using any medication, only vitamins. We have to "byt vas" as they said in Afrikaans.

• Posted

Yup. This exact same thing has been happening to me. I posted about this last week. I get the exact same feeling with the throat and under my chin etc. I asked my acupuncture guy about it last week as he has been amazing with all my peri issues and he says it is a combo of aniexty and gas. Like someone else posted what a great combo. Ugh. Lol. Mine comes and goes back and forth and I agree it will make you crazy. I have to say that once I knew what it was and caused by etc and because of all the wonderful woman here on this blog with all their advice I don't get nervous about it anymore. I know that it's caused because of my hormones and it will pass at some point. Sending a hugh HUG AND remember we are woman we are strong and we can do this. ?

• Posted

Hi.. yes it is anxiety related.. i also get it and also the tightness around the throat so much so i can stand to wear anything with a collar . Its caused by tensing muscles so i believe.. due to lack of hormones our body can not balance our stress hormones properly so we get way too much adrenaline and cortisol in our systems. This causes muscles to tense and feel strained , thats also why your so anxious and feel you can not relax ..it also causes alot of the aches and pains as your body is in constant flight or flight readiness.  The sinus thing you mention is also common and you are right with the allergies.. when you eat certain foods it causes your sinuses to swell up.. if its a one of it will settle but keep eating the same thing and it turns into a full on headache and sometime migraines, my trigger is sugar my body no longer will tolerate it at all, and according to my research this common in menopause.  How your body process food going through menopause changes which is why so many women gain weight.
    • Posted

Totally agreed, I can't tolerate sugar and caffeine now. I have to be honest I feel like I need my Cofe everyday but in a whole different scale than before all these symptoms. I have the same throat sensation sometimes and I can't breath.

• Edited

Oh my....you could be me!! I found that allergies were HUGE for me.  I suffered for a solid year and was taking Zyrtec, flonase, Zantac and quercetin as well as doing nasal saline rinses(not netty pot, but just squirting up the nose).  This year I finally went to see ENT and an allergist.  I have chronic rhinitis, allergies and probably a mild mast cell issue...Now that the tree pollen is down I feel like myself(almost) for the first time in a solid year.  I always felt like my face and head was "full", ears crackling, hard to wal any sort of distance with out getting that full head/dizzy feeling, sinus headaches behind my eyes...and like you, mega fatigue!....I also developed gastritis and stomach as well as throat issues(diagnosed with LPR, so the Zantac helps with that too).  It seemed like my whole body revolted.  Check into the allergy issues.. I found out I was allergic to 2 weeds that i was messing around with(weeding) all summer....and no wonder i felt miserable!!  I hope you feel better soon....

• Edited

Thank you SO much ladies, for your replies! This forum is a lifesaver, seriously.

Like I said, no insurance so I can't just run to the doctor every time I freak out lol though I WISH I could lol.

Throat thing is mild today, not even bothering me. Today my body decided to grace me with an annoying headache all day, pain behind the eyes and too of head.

Then tonight the little pulsating sound in ear/head- where u kind of "hear your heartbeat in your head.

Gotta love it! (NOT haha)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.