Ugh! Anyone else with this throat thing?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've seen it mentioned a few times in here. SO disturbing, and it seems to come and go just like all these crazy symptoms. 

It's almost like a "lump" in your throat, but yet...not. Somewhat like somethings caught in there, but yet you can still swallow, eat, etc. Sometimes I think it's just another anxiety attack because it comes along with a "tightening" under the chin sort of? But not all the time. Obviously anxiety comes with it because any of these weird feelings cause ME anxiety, which only makes the symptoms worse. Sometimes I get a random pain behind one of my ears with it. The little random bursts of pain, and in joints, or anywhere really, are so annoying. 

I'm not on any meds other than trying to stay diligent in taking vitamins, chelated magnesium, B12, C, Humic Minerals, a probiotic when I have one. Haven't gotten any Vit. D yet but I probably need it. I also don't add any iron and probably need that too who knows. 

Grrrr...just so tired of one day being great, next day awful. A week of good, two weeks of horrid. 

4 months ago when all this started I literally thought I was dying. Went to urgent care at midnight. Nothing wrong, some fluid behind my ears she said was causing vertigo. (dizziness was BAD at that time) Got better after learning that, wasn't as "anxious" but still have bouts of minor dizziness, not full blown vertigo again though. Some naseau with it, but not too bad. 

Allergies are much worse now too, so I take a Claritin D every day to help. 

I wonder sometimes if a bunch of these other things are really the increased allergy issue. I'm never stuffy, but it seems like a sinus headache when it comes on, and head feels heavy, I get tired, just not near as much energy as before. 

Sucks. :-( 

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have to add something important to me. When all this started I was crying for help and I still do. I was in none medication besides my synthroid and for

Thyroid and occasionally prohair use for asthma. Well in this moment it is 3:35 am and I haven't been able to sleep because I start yesterday with and intense stomach pain that sound more to me like liver pain, horrible. Of course I have been taking synthroid + buspirone 3 times a day I a minimum amount for anxiety + Duevee HRT + plus lorazepam y the night to sleep for the last 5 days after I had mayor meltdown. Well way toooooo much for my body I don't used to take drugs and now I feel so weak, I stopped everything last night 8 pm after HRT to calm my stomach and took Advil for pain that usually work well for me. And here I am writing you at 3:42 am if you can help yourself in another way avoid drugs!!! 

Also as a general sharing I found an app call "Headspace" fenomenal for anxiety control try it if you can a good friend of mine recommended for relaxation and has several applications. We can do it !!

• Posted

hi, did this resolve for you? i get exactly this and think it might be hormones. Its so tight tonight. been like this for months now. many thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.