UGH!!!! How long does all this last??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 47 years old and have been Peri for about 3 years nows😣 I joined this group in hope of finding help with insomnia, hot flashes, and weight gain ( just to name a few). I DONT sleep at night any more I only nap I'm kinda like a newborn up every 2 hours. I have 2 body temps HOT and Sweating hot 😡and I've been gain weight like its my job😖. Black cohosh worked for a while with the hot flashes but now seems like it's not really doing anything anymore. Any other suggestions out there???

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Oh bless you hun

try some chelated magnesium supplements they help you relax and before bed can help you sleep ..

choose chelated as magnesium oxide and citrate has laxative effects 

my peri began aged 39/40 and lasted 10 years.. I am post meno now age 50 and still feel rubbish.

make sure you have routine blood tests, for thyroid, cholesterol, blood sugars etc as all this can go hay wire in peri and post meno

jay x

• Posted

Holy Hannah!!! 10 years😁 I'm in trouble. Thanks for the suggestions.
    • Posted

Jay-Oh dear! It worries me as you have been so diligent about finding good supplements to take and here you are post, still feeling like rubbish. cry

One wonders how long the misery lasts. I realize everyone is different and there are good days and bad but I wonder, are you feeling the same  type of rubbish, worse or slightly improved since your last menses? Are you encountering new issues that weren't happening prior? Ugh......!

Also, any updates on your thyroid testing? I've been on the thyroid meds a little over 2 weeks and am starting to feel an improvement, but I know I am not at the full therapeutic dosage yet. 

Sending you hugs and hoping you have a great day!

Annie xx

• Posted

Annie 

i just had a load of blood tests as felt very fatigued since shingles and 3 bulging back disks in feb. 

Been 20 months post meno age 51 in June.

i had some bloods done whilst i had shingles so had them redone and more. 

I have border line underactive thyroid.

my blood sugar was low low low on new results ' hypoglycemic ' 

i keep feeling severe hunger pains, i have a good diet, always eat little and often or i will drop ..

also i am Vit D deficient 

so i am at doctors Monday evening ..

i came off all vits for 3-4 weeks before bloods to see true state

so at least now i know 

jay x

• Posted

I use Maca 5.1 Capsules daily 

Black cohosh be careful with as not for long term and can damage liver 

jayx 

• Posted

Hi HRT worked like a dream for me for13 years.Now trying to come off as I  ve never taken pills etc and the leaflet says risks go up the longer you take it so thought I'd try without it but suddenly feeling on fire isn't nice and though I seem to be sleeping reasonably well have had mood changes .Feeling a bit worried and negative where as always felt like myself on HRT.If I am still feeling crap by Xmas I shall go back on HRT but thought I'd just try without itAlso trying a supplement of extract of green tea and mung bean.Early days so not sure if it helps.Shall check with my doctor when I next see her.
    • Posted

Oh jane 

poor thing..

Doctors forget to say that HRT postpones menopause dont they..

then when stopped you go through the hormone decline and get the peri and meno symptoms ..

i havent taken HRT as high risk..

i do use a vaginal Ovestinon Ovule Estriol though as the dryness is a nightmare ..

Gyno monitors me, been a dream for the dryness, only treats that problems, doesnt help the othet symptoms 

i am post menopause 

good luck Jane 

jay x

• Posted

Hi, menoforce....sage extract...tabs worked a miracle for my flushes for about two months. The have now subsided after almost 3 years. I take menopace vitamins and magnesium....dont know if they have helped, but generally feel better. Honestly, its try it and see how it goes. 
    • Posted

What is this menopace I keep hearing about ? Where does one get it? What does it help with?
    • Posted

Its a bumper mix of vitamins and minerals specifically for menopause. I had about 10 different bottles of vits, dumped the lot and now just take one tablet! You can get three for two on Boots.
  • Posted

I agree with jayneejay's suggestions...try magnesium supplements.  I'm 46 going on 47 and had that same problem with sleep.  I would wake up for no reason every 2 hours, sometimes all sweaty. A magnesium capsule taken one or two hours before I go to bed helps me out a lot.  I also drink either an herbal tea (designed for relaxation) or a cup of hot cocoa (raw cacao, not the sugary, cheap cocoas in the grocery stores). 

I did find out my cortisol levels were too high in the pm and that was also affecting my sleep patterns.  I take a B complex vitamin in the mornings. I can't remember though if I started taking that for the stress (that I wasn't really conscious of) or if it was to help with regulating my blood sugar.  (Peri brain is very forgetful).

• Posted

I got the Peri brain as well😖 I do take vitamin D and a B complex will try the Mag

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.