Uh oh back to work

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello am week 10 fastly approaching week 11 and have been given the ok to go back to work (damn those doctors/physios)

I now have a 100 bend and sleeping well.

Still have an odd foot which is due to nerve bruising and trauma but will get better and still have the pressure sore on and undertake heel but wearing a padded dressing and one sock will look gorgeous for my return to a busy sales office

I have warned them all that I will be walking up and down every half hour or so to get the knee moving and as long as I have a steady supply of coffee we will all be fine

Wish me luck !

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow that seems early! My doc told me 4-6 months before back to work. I am 11 weeks post op and feel that I will need that time to build up strength so that I can complete a day of work! I find even now grocery shopping knocks me out!

Keep us posted on how you make out! Take care of yourself

• Posted

Good luck Peglegbev!! I'm fortunate that I do not have to work and am very grateful for that after having my surgery. I feel for you and everyone who has to return to work before 6 months of recovery. I wish you the best!!
  • Posted

Well this week went well started back on Tuesday finished at 5 tea at 6 bed at 8.30

and woke up at 7.15 only got up once for a pee plumped up pillows rearranged knee cushion and straight back to sleep.

Walked a lot during the day - every half an hour for 5m then glass of water then back to desk

Good to be back but miss my afternoon nap, loose women and tipping point !

• Posted

Well done you that's brilliant. May sound odd to some but I'm desperate to get back to work. Think it's more that I miss the independence of driving my car. I'm trying to really push with my exercises as I'm back to see consultant on Thursday to see if I need further surgery to straighten leg.

I realised I'd been at home too long this week when I was annoyed that the Chase was no longer on at 5pm! Lol

Keep up the good work.

• Posted

I know we do become creatures of habit !

My husband has mixed feelings as in one way he misses me being there but on the other hand he had his life back and can do his own thing!

Not back to driving yet as bend needs just another bit more but onwards and upwards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.