UK BV CURE?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, I am 22 and in the UK and have compltely and utterly had enough. I have tried multiple courses of metronidazole and 7 day courses of balance activ BV gels. I take acidophillous tablets twice a day, folic acid and drink lemon water twice daily and nothing works. The doctors are useless and dont realise how much this is emotionally destroying me. Im lucky my boyfriend is very understanding but it is tearing me apart sad Please can someone help, I dont know what else to do?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It looks like both our links were removed sounds like we were reading similar website though. I hadn't had any smell all day I thought thinks were looking up then my period starts ! Dam. So I think over the next week I am going to try to live a vegetarian life style to see if any improvement, the drops seemed expensive and as the pH in water may change depending on the area you live in they may or may not make a difference. I looked through things I shouldn't be eating acidy , anything to do with an animal basically! Something I had noticed was that boiled eggs were suddenly making me feel sick so there may be some truth in it.

Please stay strong I know that's easy to say but getting down just lowers your immune system. Keep reading articles and I found the girls in Holland and Barrett helpful there are drops available for the bath apparently which are tea tree can't say whether they work as I had already bought Canadian and balance flora along with vit c capsules so I spent enough that day....

As for the gum clinic they gave me two lots of antibiotics and a talking about underwear etc which was nice but not really that helpful. My periods are coming every three weeks have been heavy and painful so that may be where my problems lie. Do you have issues with periods?

• Posted

Since I changed my pill i just spot evert 2 weeks annoyingly, going back to the docs tomorrow to completely come off the pill, think my body needs a break from all the chemicals ive been punping into it. I am waiting for Femdophilous tablets to come today and will post if I see any results. It has had a lot of good reviews but finding it hard not to get my hopes up incase it doesnt work.
  • Posted

Should I not use tampons for my period? Hate the wet feeling of sanitary towels though Tampax do make me feel sore after a few days
    • Posted

Use them alternatly in that case though my Dr advised against them.
  • Posted

I know exactly how you feel I have suffered from BV for over 5 years on and off and have had it now for about 4 months.  I have recently been trying to add apple cidar vinegar to my diet(a shot a day mixed with water) initially I thought this was really helping now I dont think so.  I have been taking BV capsules and a multivitamin daily and I have increased my water intake.  Still not really seeing much relief.  This is the most annoying thing ever.  I understand how you feel because this thing has truly broken me down.  I hope that one day we all find something that works for us.  Until then its comforting to know we are not facing this alone.  I never realized how many women suffered from this until running across this site.  
    • Posted

Oh you poor thing I have had this for 7 months non stop so far and feel a mess. It is deffinitely comforting knowing there are others out there, it mkes you feel so alone, especially whe the doctors wont or cant help. I am waiting for Femdophilous Capsules to turn up, it seemed to have lots of good reviews but was expensive at £30! Hoewever am at the point I will try anything and will update if they have any effect.
  • Posted

So your issues may be linked to periods too, I went to the documents early in year as I was getting a cold chill down one leg she told me blood count was low and recommended steak. My boyfriend has had the snip but I did go on the pill for a while to see if I could regulate my period but I bled for weeks while I was on holiday so came off. Another poster mentioned the dep injection I loved it no periods so that may be an option for you? Even for me to see if once periods stop whether infections would join it wink
    • Posted

Hi macc

i depo provera injection twice i had to stop as i was the oppsitie and i bled for 21 months ranging from heavy, normal, spotting with harsly a break, caused by Depo.. It can happen  to some.. 

It didnt suit me and also they say risk of bone loss too.

have a read about it before you have it .. 

jay x

• Posted

Blimey, one size really doesn't fit all does it! At 44 it would probably cause me bigger problems than I already have..... Trying to get a better diet even had juiced veg last night managed half a bowl, tonight a bit of chicken with lots of green veg, ate salad and fruit all day, between potions and health food its costing me a small fortune. Can see why people eat ready meals.
    • Posted

Hi macc

well i was age 40 when i had depo and then all that happened.

21 months bleeding, i was fine before it, like clock work, the potency of the depo may have caused me ovarian cysts. As they came after all that then the menopause ..

I am age 50 now 16 months post meno

i had BV too this year for the first time, ( hormone related PH too high) 

all in order now though 

good luck macc

jay x

• Posted

How did you get rid of bv this is the first time for me and its lasting 6 long months !
    • Posted

Hi macc

long story but i had a smear in Jan and a hopeless doc here in spain, (they give you your results here to keep) he said all was okay.

i had no odour but felt not right, anyway so it went untreated that was Jan this year.

anyway i then saw a private GYNO in August had the lot checked, he also did another smear and came back BV ( we noticed then it was also on my last result in Jan, i didnt check it as believed the hopeless doc that all was okay, so i had had it months, i also had thrush aswell.

treated with clindamycin vaginal ovules antibiotics for three nights then thrush treatment for 3 nights.. But it came back a month later, so repeated it all again and all is fine now.. I use the eco care vaginal Ph home testers and make sure now my ph is always as it should be.

and also take probiotics acidophilus daily now 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Ladies, just wanted to update you. I have started taking Femdophilous capsules one a day. I got a bottle of 60 for £30. They contain the strains Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus Reuteri RC-14 and Vagnal Flora. This pill need to be kept refrigerated.

After one day of taking this pill already the smell has gone to my amazement, I didnt think it was real. I keep waiting for it to return! However I am still a bit sore and umcomfortable and itchy and dont have the PH test strips to confirm. I read it can take a full month to completely work. I have been taking this for 6 days now and I shall continue to take it till the bottles empty and may double my dose to twice a day. I shall report back if it works, but just so glad the smell has gone, this seems to be the worst sympron of it by far and the real heartbreaker for everyone that has it. I also drink a Yakult drink each day. Heres hoping this works completely ladies *fingers crossed* 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.