UK BV CURE?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, I am 22 and in the UK and have compltely and utterly had enough. I have tried multiple courses of metronidazole and 7 day courses of balance activ BV gels. I take acidophillous tablets twice a day, folic acid and drink lemon water twice daily and nothing works. The doctors are useless and dont realise how much this is emotionally destroying me. Im lucky my boyfriend is very understanding but it is tearing me apart sad Please can someone help, I dont know what else to do?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi bv depressed how are you?

Just wanted to give a quick update, got my pH sticks which read around 6-6.5, tested my boyfriend just for fun and he was the same, tested my 16 year old daughter who was around 7.5. I have been eating salad, veg literally every lunch tea time. My pH level didn't change? Used rephresh twice in the last 6 days and retested my pH today almost the same as my daughters i'm sure it must be the rephresh suppostries!!. Rephresh isn't cheap between 12-15 pound for four but I guess even if I have buy two packs a month it will be worth thirty pound! Also eating ongen yoghurt and taking balance capsules.

• Posted

I tried all of the anitbiotics pills, acidophilis by mouth, metronidazole, Vitamin C with Rose Hip tablet inserted inside my vagina, etc. Nothing worked for me.  I was so frustrated and thought to myself, what can I do clean myself out and get the probiotics straight to my vagina immediately?  The itching and discharge was driving me insane!  So I went out and purchased Masengil vinegar and water douche solution (sold in pack of 4 disposable bottles).  I know we are told by our Dr's and Gyno's that douching is bad for you, and I would normally agree, but in this case we need to get the bad discharge out right away!!!!  Make sure you gently work the douce bottle in & out to get all discharge out.  Then I took a Ultra Flora tablet, twisted it apart in a small cup of water stirred to disolve the acidophilis, I poured the solution into the rinsed out douche bottle that I had previously used, and douched a 2nd time with the Ultra Flora solution to get the acidophilus directly in there to balance everything out.  The left over solution that wouldn't that I couldn't get out of the bottle due to the angle, I turned it upside down and used it to rinse off my labia.  I was in shock that I experienced immediate relief!  I was able to sleep through the night without being awakened by being itchy, the odor and discharge is gone by morning!   I repeated the routine for 3 days to be on the safe side, and continued to take the Ultra Flora by mouth too.  I really hope this helps you ladies out there!!!!  It has saved me so much discomfort, please let me know if this has worked for you, or have any questions!  Good Luck!
  • Posted

Hi,

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I douche with an apple cider vinegar, has to be organic. It's the best thing I've found. Think it's around 1:5 ratio with cool water.

I've had BV for so many years....

Tried one large dosage of antibiotics, than antibiotics spread over several days.

Internal antibiotic cream.

The gels you can buy from Boots help to remove the smell. Tea tree oil (dissolved) works well as a weak solution on the outside of the vagina to remove to smell. I've used it as a douche but I don't recommend. (I'm from overseas so not sure you can get the same stuff in the UK as it's also good for a smelly belly button haha).

If you are having sex with your partner and he cums inside you, his sperm will also give you BV. So I immediately wash and using my fingers I scoop it out.

I find sitting on a plane and not washing gives me BV so I wear no knickers and PJs on long plane journeys.

• Posted

I don't know what to do I'm so fed up of this circle! I'm 18 currently sexually active with my boyfriend, I am on the combined pill and also one of those unlucky women who suffer from this! It started off with uti's atleast twice a month which is now cured by 1 trimethoprim which seems to be working fine! Now I'm constantly even suffering from BV or thrush I go on holiday for 2 weeks in November and I really want all this sorted before I go! I haven't been to the doctors 1 I'm to embarrassed and 2 half the people say the antibiotics don't work anyway! For bv I'm currently treating it with gel and for thrush a tablet and cream! They both work for a couple of days maybe a week then I'm back with one or the other yet again! I'm washing with ph balance wash, wearing cotton pants and peeing after sex is there anything I can do sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.