Uk heatwave: how's everyone managing?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Just wondering how others are dealing with this excessive heat?!

I've been having way more headaches and eye issues as well as basically feeling like I'm melting! I've spent the day in bed waiting for rain to come that the weather forecasts said was due. How are other people managing/not managing with this extra element to deal with?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Beverley- I’m struggling enormously too, I’ve been too hot most of the time since I was cursed ME but this is just beyond despairing! I’m wandering around with an ice pack down the back of my bra and one at the back of my neck, a cool and soothe strip on my forehead, I’m wearing pj shorts with a vest at most every day  (I’m housebound but if I could go out I’d have to go dressed like this🤪wink iI have a fan beside me constantly, all the windows open and ice water to sip in a flask - nonetheless my temperature sits around 38 degrees and I feel just awful... everything aches, My pallor is an off White/yellowish tint, I’m tired, extremely lethargic, I’ve a constant headache behind my dry, sore eyes and my feet are throbbing and swollen! I rest my case......

‘I hope you/we all get some respite soon 💟

• Posted

Hi Sadly,

Sorry to hear you are suffering so much too with this heat. Do you find winter gives any respite? There was someone else on here quite a while ago who was permanently cold and had to wear several layers all the time even in summer. It's such a bizarre condition and so unique to us all.

The rain we had here yesterday did cool things down a little at least. Hope you had something similar.

Beverley

• Posted

Hello again Beverley 

We had rain here yesterday toy yet it was still very muggy so I didn’t feel much impact but certainly a little less time with my head in the freezer 😉

Winter is definitely better for me, I still struggle to keep equilibrium temperature wise but it’s definitely better.

I can’t believe the complexities of this illness and how far reaching their impact on a once very fit and healthy body... I know it’s a common theme but I still lie awake at night with unanswered questions driving my mind to turmoil. It’s a cruel opponent.

i hope you enjoy some relief over the coming few cooler days. 💟

• Posted

Hi Sadly,

It's such a strange condition, yes! I too was fit and healthy once. I always preferred winter seasonally but, this summer has been exceptionally hot and i feel more symptom causing because of it.

Some cool days will hopefully come!

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.