Ulcer

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi I have had an ulcer for 2 months, it doesn't seem to be healing, docs just say to keep using clob and moisturise... can't get a gynaecologist appointment until October, I feel so miserable, I'm not wearing underwear, taking baths for 20 minutes as advised by Dr Goldstein and massaging in clob for 90 seconds, but I'm just not healing 😩

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry you’re struggling so much at the moment.  Another lady posted previously to say olive oil works really well for her.
  • Posted

TyBear I'm so sorry to hear, that is so painful! I had a huge one right inside my vjj and had to wait 5 weeks before I could get a gyno appt. I healed mine completely by the time of my appointment with olive oil mixed with tea tree oil. I don't know if it would help you, but might be worth a try?

• Posted

Hi,  I have an ulcer too.  I'm wondering if it needs to be dried out rather than keeping it all moist down there.  I've been using Gold's medicated powder from time to time. Not sure it is helping yet.  I got today the Eumaid Cream. I feel much better today after one application.  Seeing my gyno tomorrow to see about the fusing.  I still use Clob.

• Posted

Tybear, Im so sorry to hear this. I wish I were a doc to tell you what this could mean, but I'm not. Just someone who has had a lot of experience with topical steroid nightmares. if it were me, I'd be suspicious of the clobetasol, it can cause a lot of skin irritation, rashes and systematic problems. I cant believe you have been told to massage in clob for 90 seconds. Thats too long to have it on your fingers!  I would suggest using very very little and don't massage in. Use ONLY once a day, please please please dont use more than that. Make sure to wash your hands with warm water very thoroughly where the clobetasol was applied. Sounds like you need more healing oils and salves and less clobetasol. check out the forum for tips on making your own, but emu oil, olive oil, coconut oil and castor oil are good bases for moisturizing. Im so sorry you have to go through this, but read the forum suggestions and you will get lots of good ideas from people who are having good success. I hope the ulcer goes away. 

• Posted

Hi Tybear,  the problem is I think is that you are using Clob on the ulcer which in my experience just makes it worse. Also putting lots of oils and creams on it on a daily basis makes it worse too. 

Why not try to dry it out.  That means not bathing all the time and avoiding keeping it moist. This can and does work for some people.  What I did when I had an ulcer was to use Desitin baby cream just for a couple of days to calm it down a bit, but you only need to be putting a tiny tiny bit on.  Then, when it felt less sore I had a sitz bath, dried the area with a hairdryer on cold setting and then lightly dusted the sore with Yucca flour, but you can use, cornflour, normal flour but not talcum powder. I did this until it went away.  The key is to avoid wetting the area all the time.  You may need to do this twice a day at first and then reduce it to once a day, as I said you want it to dry out...Can you let us know if it works for you as it will help others.

• Posted

Tybear- So sorry to hear this, I kmow how painful they can be! I was diagnosed 15 days ago, had at least 3 horrible ulcers, my clit was swollen twice its size and taw and I was crying wverytime I peed! Inordered homeopathis Eumaid Maxx from an advertsement online. I used it about 5x a day- after I peed and cold washclothed the urine off, then applied a moisture barrier from Medline with Aloe Vera, Vit A, D, E to protect my skin. 12 days later all ulcers are gone, all itching is gone, all pain is gone! Its available on their website or Amazon- give it a try and good luck! 

Ps Dr Goldstein says clob only works if rubbed in deeply for 90 seconds, you are in TOO much PAIN to do that! You need to soothe it now! 

• Posted

Tybear,  when I have ulcers I use neosporin with pain killer on them.  Relieves discomfort and heals mine.
  • Posted

Thank you so much everybody, again one o clock in the morning, can't sleep... hi to everyone where would we all be without each other xx

• Posted

Get some sleep. Sleep is healing too. Plenty of water and lemon. Take care
  • Posted

Hi, is Neosporin only available in the US ? Can't seem to find it in U.K. 😩

• Posted

I believe you could use any brand of antibiotic ointment if Neosporin is not available♥️
    • Posted

Tybear- when my ulcers were really bad, sounds like yours is I tried Neosporin on it as per my gyny- it stung and burned so bad I was crying in pain, had to try and blot it off- no wiping/ rubbing and then use an ice pack to calm the inflamed nerves. I have a BERY HIGH pain threshold, no drigs with 3 childbirths? No Novacaine at dentist, etc., but the only things that hv brought me to my knees are kidney stones and LS! I know Eumaid is expensive, but it didnt burn and healed all of my ulcers. Hope you find healing! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.