Ulcer - Pain under right rib cage

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, would it be possible for a peptic/duodenal ulcer to cause pain on right side under rib cag/right breast only.... and no other symptoms.  I had pain in this area... had an ultrasound... tiny gallstones seen.... The pain was then diagnosed as being gallstone related and i was told i would need surgery to remove my gallbladder.  I'm aware that many people can have gallstones and have no symptoms from them.  I've not had any other tests done so now I'm worried in case this pain is really from an ulcer.  I don't, however, have any other symptoms, eg. no burning in stomach or throat, no vomittin, no acid reflux, etc. (just occasional burping sometimes alongside eating).  Since having the pain I've been on a strict no fat, no citrus or spicy foods sort of diet.  I would really appreciate any comments as to whether it is possible to just have this right sided pain and no other symptoms for an ulcer. (I absolutely dread the thought of having an upper endoscopy so i don't really want to request one if there is absolutely no chance of this pain being due to an ulcer - the pain did first appear during a period of very bad stress).  Many thanks!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks so much - that's really helpful.... and much more than my GP has ever explained!  I'm only sorry that you have so much experience of 'suffering with ulcers'.
  • Posted

You could ask your doc to test specifically for H.pylori breath test. My vomiting was bc poison was in my water and food source. H.pylori is good for those who are over-nutrition(full stomach quick) and/or has a winning lottery ticket that is known because it can save your life from total absorption of poison. Throwing up constantly was h.pylori acting for my benefit and my body last resort in defending itself.
  • Posted

Has anyone felt a duodenal ulcer in there back if they move. Where it's connected or not I'm feel something there when I turn in bed or move a certain way. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.