Ultra high doses of mirtazapine

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hello. Is there anybody who finds that ultra high doses of mirtazapine wokred better for them? In the past I have taken mirtazapine in doses 30 mg and it had wokred for a while but then I have changed my meds (bad for me). The second time I have taken mirt 45 mg without success sad It's the best drug I have ever taken, but it's not working anymore. I have taken many of the drugs, like SSRI's, buropion and others, but none of them worked like mirtazapine in the past. How do you think, is there any possibility that ultra high doses like 60-90 mg would be work better for me? Thanks.

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi peeps

Ty for the interesting thread.

I have been on Mirtazapine for many years and found it to be very effective, although the weight gain is def an issue. As a long-term user, I have had dosage increases up to 60mg currently, as directed by my GP. I have taken 90mg a couple of times in desperation and without medical advice, but I don't recommend it, however 60mg is fine for me.

FYI I am also on 300mg Venlafaxine daily (mirtazapine nocte) for exacerbation of existing anxiety and depression due to menopause.

Cheers and good luck smile

• Posted

Hi just wondering how you got on with the increase? I have been on 15-30 then 45 which I am on my 3rd week and the anxiety is terrible, the doc said I will feel worse before I feel better but when?

Cheers!

Steviefrown

• Posted

Hi. I'm in the UK and have been on mirtazapine at 60 mg per day for over ten years. Yes they worked wonderfully at first for treatment Resistant depression but be warned, they very well stop working as they have with me and then you're in a whole world of pain...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.