ultradian bi polar

Posted , 6 users are following.

My husband has ultradian bi polar it has just had this new name give by usa and uk nhs it means that he has the normal waves of up and down BUT in any24hr period rapid changes as well they peak up or down according to main wave pattern so very hard to live with as even with meds to do not know what comes next

he has had it for over 30years in the begining no real name but  it was labeled in the 90s they used the term bi polar

he has been one the same meds for over 10 years and is as stable as possible we have learnt to live with the changes in his moods.

Ajust and cope are my motto

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Bassett,

Yes, it is very difficult to be in a relationship with partners who have mental illness. I am bipolar 1, rapid cycler and I admire your dedication to your partner. My mental illness ravaged any good judgement and relationships that I ever knew I had. Last year I was finally diagnosed and treated.

Your partner is a very lucky man to have you!

My esteem is depleated and I would not want to bring a significant other into my life because of my disease and the fall out from it. It is really nice to see you are together and didn't abandon him.

Best of health and sunnier days for you both.

• Posted

How about trying to concentrate not on the illness but the times when you feel well and get out and do something different

My husband has the garden and growing flowering plants seem to help,he loves watching the birds and the weather changing i remind him the even rain is needed for things to grow

I expect getting the right meds has helped a lot, keep in close contact with your doctor as often changes in lifestyle etc can mean the meds need tweeking

Best Wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.