Ultrasound

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was referred for an ultrasound 3 weeks ago and still waiting for my appointment is this normal? Bloods were clear and have actually felt ok for just over 2 weeks but pain has come back with a vengeance today.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That isn't uncommon. I waited a month after my ultrasound before I found out I had sludge in my gallbladder. Hope you feel better soon!
    • Posted

Thanks suzi but I haven't even had the ultrasound yet still waiting on an appointment😞
    • Posted

Oh I'm sorry. Sam, I would contact them to see what's going on.
    • Posted

if i were you i would check that your doctor has sent for an appointment for you. i waited 10days from going to my doctor with pain and the actuall appointment for the scan, i also have the results back to my doctor within a week. and in fact while i was having the scan the lady who scanned me said i had one large gall stone so i knew on the day of the scan. my doctor made the appointment from her office. i think you should check with the receptionist at your surgery  to see if your doctor has contacted the hospital asking for you to have a scan, as this is most unusual. in the uk any way. one other time i needed to go to the liver clinic and i was meant to be seen very quickly i waited a year and heard noting i phoned the hospital who had no record of me and i went back to gp and told them this so they made another appointment and still i heard nothng and called hospital again. they had no notice of me again.  so i went back to doctor and they sent a fax and it took 3 attemps to get seen. once they actually saw me i was dealt with very quickly.its unbeleivable but if i had not phoned that hospital to find out whyi was waiting so long i would still be waiting. phone your gp and find out if you have been referred for a scan as they  are so busy they make mistakes.
    • Posted

Thanks think I definitely will just worried they will think I'm a pain but I suppose that's better than being in pain lol!
    • Posted

Hi, I had a scan a month or so ago, was told by the lady doing the scan I had a "juicy gallbladder" I have no idea what this means and when I rung my go for the results the receptionists told me it was all clear, I'm very confused. Also not sure if this could be connected but I've not had a period for 5 years then on Sunday I started bleeding

Any advice?

• Posted

Hi Sam. Depending on the severity of your problem scans can take a little longer than usual. Mine came early due to the white stools.My Dr thought it was cancer. Thankfully it was just stones that wad causing me a lot of pain.
  • Posted

See if you can gee them along by telling them you are poorly again.  You can't be shy in this game or expect them to be efficient.  Time drags when you are poorly with this sort of thing.  Good luck.
  • Posted

I had an ultra sound and found out i have lots of shadows in my galbladder with thickened gall bladders walls. I feel so unwell everyday/ like i have a virus with lots of upper tummy issues......even on my right side where my gb is located it feels tender and bruised everyday and get sharp niggles and aches......even in my upper back/right shoulderblade.  Ive had lots of bloods taken and have all came back clear.
    • Posted

Me too vonniexx really hope we get to the bottom of it soon not looking forward to Xmas feeling like this.
    • Posted

When i had mine removed it was the best thing I ever did.

Dont get me wrong I can still get heartburn &niggly pains now and again but its nothing compared to how I used to be. I feel a 1000 times better.

• Posted

I know hun.....l was looking forward  to having xmas dinner but looks like that aint gonna happen sad  while eveyone stuffs there faces and us being miserable!! lol.....not good sad
    • Posted

I kno what you mean. Seems like every holiday, the fast few years I've felt like yuk!!!! I'm praying for us all to have a much better New Year!!!!
    • Posted

It was my xmas work night out last friday so i thought i would go for a wee while and show face......lasted 2 hrs.....i had one beer and felt terrible for 2 day after......lol not good!!!
    • Posted

I did actually wonder if that's what kicked mine off again as Saturday nights was works do only had a couple of drinks though.
    • Posted

im the same. i got strong pain killers as i was in terrible pain everyday and could not eat and lost a stone in 3 weeks. since the pain is more under control i feel a bit better and have more of an appetitie. i sleep nearly all day. i have the pain on right side round shoulder and back all my bloods are good now although at first i had an infection, this gall bladder illness makes people think they are really really ill the pain is terrible and we feel we are left to suffer. and we are. so you have to put up a fight and get pain killers which will help. as pain every day is a terrible thing. its causes deep depression and sadness. im on my own and have a cat to look after and have to bend down constantly to change his food his litter tray and water. i'v never cried to much in my life. i can feel my vest rubbing accros my gall bladder area and its painfull like you say like a bruise. its a silk light vest not heavy. dont lift any heavy bags or stretch to much as i got a hernia with reaching up to get something out my cupboard as im small. go and get pain killers it will help a lot.❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.