Upcoming Cystoscopy - HELP!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have an upcoming cystoscopy scheduled on the Thursday this week. It was ordered by the uro-gynecologist that I visited last week for my recurrent UTI. I'm currently having a UTI and taking abx for it.

My question is, is it ok to have a cystoscopy done when I'm having a current UTI. Will I be putting myself at a potential risk of getting another UTI after the procedure. I don't want to go through another bout of UTI again if this one gets resolved with the current Abx.

Any suggestions and advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi smile

I had cystoscopy done before when I had uti at the time. The procedure isn't painful but a little uncomfortable. When I peed after, it hurt - so you might have a uti.

When I had mine done, the doctors said everything was fine with my bladder. Yet I still had uti.

I gathered myself after being in hospital million times that maybe it was my contraception thats causing recurrent utis and it was. I haven't been asked been once if maybe I should stop using them.

Anyway got off the subject a little. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks, Monica!! I had to reschedule my cystoscopy to next week because I got my period yesterday. All the reassurances are helping me smile😊

• Posted

How irresponsible are medical professionals to ignore something so obvious, 🙄 I have seen so many posts where women have made the connection of their UTIs to their contraceptives. Why doesn't medical community get it???? :smh:

• Posted

Hi I am having a cystoscopy soon too, I thought by having this procedure will help diognose what condition I have, I too have had UTI but I have issues wittth my bladder, I have waited for this procedure for 10 months and cannot wait for a dionosis. xx Dawn
    • Posted

Why does it take 10 months to get scheduled for a Cysto?  I could probably get one scheduled in a week.  Here in my area, they do them right in the Urologist's office.

• Posted

Hi I live in the UK?, In fareness they have done a lot of other tests to make sure I didint have cancer due to getting periods out of the blue. They are no concentrating on my bladder which is what I went to the Dr in the first place. My gyno thinks I have IC and I am having 2 procedures to confirm this, and cystoscopy is one of them. I dont think I have IC as I dont have that much pain but I do go to the loo loads, and also I wet my self sometimes, so I will have any procedure that they offer me, as It affects all parts of my life .Dawn xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.