Upcoming surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am new to this group I have had this for as long as I can remember and I am tired of it.  It is so bad now I am having surgery in 1.5 weeks under my right arm.  I have a general surgeon and plastic surgeon doing the operation together.  I am scared.  Maybe I should not have looked at videos and photos of before during and after photos.  I already have a issue with me and now I feel like I will never be able to wear anything without sleeves again - havent all summer - any advice would be great

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is kind of off topic but I just learned also that Humira can help for moderate to severe HS. Not sure how it works and how it helps. I'll look it up later but just figured I would mention that and we could all look into it as a new option available.

• Posted

Hello, just wondering if you are doing ok after your surgery? If you are still in too much pain to reply I undersatnd. I am trying to get mine scheduled but have 3 Dr's refuse because they are afraid of complications. Still waiting to hear back from 2 others. Wishing you nothing but fast healing and pain free days smile

• Posted

I had the surgery on the 30th of August. It wasn't bad at all. I am slowly recovering and so far I haven't had any problems. Not much pain. Just making myself rest and not being able to do much. Other than that I am fine. Feel free top all me any questions. I had both of my arms done

• Posted

Don here, operations r a normal remedy for H S as most seek some type of remission. My first major surgery was in 2005,and the surgeon unroofed my entire infected area,have had open wounds with drainage,chronic pain and swelling ,really limits life,,Just be sure your surgeon does not unroofed your wound and that the plastic surgeon is advised before the surgery, so as they can confer with the other so as to make your recovery easier,,wish you the best ,but make sure communication is done prior to surgeto surgery..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.