Update 😊

Posted , 7 users are following.

After all your lovely kind replies and advice helping me deals other cysts on ovaries I had an urgent mri and gyn/onc appt today I was told mri showed not cysts on ovaries but a endometrioma even tho ultrasounds said no defiantly not .i also have end I in back ligaments behind wombs and a module on bladder all possible endo.he said before Mri I was a high concern as how my cyst looked so please anyone who has septations thick walls solid bits and mural nodules it wasn't a concern in the end but in fact a endometrioma.reliwved is not the word thanks to you all for helping me through this since November xxxx

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Michelle , this is fantastic news. Time for you to put your feet up and relax. Life can put us through some rough times , but it is nice to hear good outcomes.

Take care

tracy xxx

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Michellestar, I have been following your posts silently. I am very teary as I type this as I feel I now have the courage to open up to someone and post my problem.

I am 48 and have 5 children. In November I felt as mass in my pelvic region and brushed it off as a full bowel. Now, months later, I have had a ultrasound showing a 11.9x11x8.5cm complex cyst with a septation. The solid component is 4.5x.9cm. I will get the treatment plan on April 13th from the oncologist.

My CA-125 was 16. No other lesions were seen on any other organs. I don't sleep at night because I am convinced I have cancer. I can barely look at my kids without crying. I put on a brave face and then fall apart when I am alone. 

I can't tell you how grateful I am for everyone here, sharing their support and stories. I am always searching the internet for anything positive regarding complex cysts. I am relieved to see your final diagnosis Michelle. 

I feel so sad and alone. I don't want to worry my parents with what I have, until I get the final plan. My husband has been very supported, but he is very busy with work and our kids. Thank you to all for discussing your stories.

• Posted

Oh Michelle I feel for you please feel able to privacy message me.your cyst aw as found by ultrasound ? Have you had an Mrs road my ultrasound showed complex cysts and Mri was the thing that showed up endometriosis.i also have a lesion on bladder that needs to be looked at that mri showed up.my cysts on ultrasound showed solid parts mural nodules septations all a concern but ultra sound cannot pick it up the definite cause as I even asked the sonographer could this be an endometrioma and she she said definitely not.michelle please please do not worry until you see the oncologist he will really look after you.your ca is lower than mine it's such a good sign.i have worried myself sick and apart from the lesion on bladder I'm so happy that even tho endo is painful it's not what I thought it was. please private message me anytime lots of love Michelle xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for responding. When I suggested and endometrioma to the doctor originally, he said not likely because I had no pain and no heavy bleeding. .I am basically asymptomatic, with the exception of some pressure on my bladder all the time. My stomach is distended as though I was four or five months pregnant. I have no pain.

I wonder if, endometriomas present with pain and heavy bleeding.

Waking up to your message was very encouraging. Thank you for your positive words. I will hang onto them all day long.

• Posted

Hey Michelle,

I was originally diagnosed with an 8cm dermoid cyst on my left ovary but a recent mri has revealed that I have an endometrioma, was a bit of a surprise as like you ice not really had any typical symptoms. I have a mirena coil so haven't had a period in a while although I do get a brown sticky discharge occasionally which apparently can be a sign. I occasionally get a pulling/sharp pain which I'm now assuming is the endo. I'm waiting on a date to go for surgery either for a clean up and removal of cyst/ovary or hysterectomy sad xx

• Posted

See Michelle bryony and I both were told we had different things on our ovaries,mine was a huge concern they had a mte meeting on me last week and urgent Mri and oncologist two days later,and bryony they thought a dermoid but also found to be an endometrioma.and only mri picked this up not ultrasound and it's more definitive.my ultrasound had concerning features all over it as you know. please Michelle listen the oncologist told me wed I was a concern as there was solid parts and septations and also mural nodules but he said there was still only a 2% chance of it being ovarian cancer and a much higher chance of it being borderline and an even much higher chance of it being benign with all the solid parts. please please be reassured many of us have and are going through this and as you say you have no other lesions anywhere so whatever it is I assure you it is contained within the ovary 😊I now think I have deep endo as ultrasound doesn't pick it up but mri showed deep endo on ovary ligaments and there's a lesion on my bladder,and all the symptoms I have had is heavy periods and frequently weeing.not much period pain at all.yours could even be a serious cyst as a lot of them have solid parts and as you can see from myself and bryony ultrasound showed different things to the mri.when you go to oncologist ask for an mri,explain it would make you feel better to just see if it can be diagnosed from this.im still worried about this lesion on bladder being picked up but if I have endo elsewhere it's bound to be another on there now and all the symptoms I have is going for a wee frequently especially at night . I really hope this helps you Michelle as I was panic stricken too and your scan showed nothing except what is in your ovary so come on think positive and I'm sure it's all going to be ok 😊😊😊
  • Posted

Hi michellestar87. When you had your MRI did they tell you there and then what they had found? I have got mine on tuesday but have been told I have to wait 10 days for my results. If they find anything do you think they would contact me before the 10 days.

Thanks, xxx

• Posted

Hello Tracey 😊no they didn't tell me anything but my story is very different to yours,remember I have been followed by ultrasounds since November and march scan showed concerning features,so they rushed me through with urgent mri on Monday and gyn wed. I am

Not sure Tracey as I've only ever had this experience,does anyone else have any experience on this so we can help Tracy please? Xxx

• Posted

Hi Tracey

I had an mri and no I want told anything at the time, I think I was about 10 days before the nurse phoned me to give me any results. I think the scan pictures need to be analysed and then a report written and typed into their system. Not sure but I think they would maybe contact you sooner if you're mri looked suspicious but I couldn't say for sure xx

• Posted

Just realised autocorrect spelt your name wrong. Sorry Tracy 😊 xx
    • Posted

Hello Bryony, thank you so much for your reply. I have an appointment booked with my consultant for 10 days after my MRI to get my results. I am just still a little bit confused about my ultra scan results, as she said she could not see an cysts on my ovaries but I still have the pain in my side. Hope fully the MRI will get better pictures.

Take care xx

• Posted

It could be that you 'just' have endometriosis without any cysts. Either way hopefully you'll get answers soon 😊 xx
    • Posted

Tracy feel relieved there is no cyst there now 😊I had months and months of unnecessary scans to finally know by mri I have endometriosis .and the only symptom I got was heavy periods and frequent weeing.the pain you are having could be anything and not even related now to cyst but I can assure you Mri will diagnose you.i would never have known about my endo otherwise.but I can now sit and think all these years with these heavy prolonged periods there was my answer.i have to have a cystoscopy to check bladder and hysteroscopy to check. Womb lining all things picked up by mri that I knew nothing about.do you have pain every day or intermittently Tracy? Xx
    • Posted

Cyst found in my womb and fibroids. Pain every day now. My ca125 came back at 140, I think because of history with my parents. I have since found out as well that my nan from my mums side had cervical cancer and my dads mum had stomach cancer. I am a bit worried because of what happened to my parents. But so glad that they are making sure that everything is ok x

• Posted

Thank you so much Bryony. What can they do for endometriosis? I have never had anything like this before. X
    • Posted

Yes that's the main thing as I would never have known I had endometriosis but wish I never had it !!! Fibroids can cause pain in themselves how many do you have ? How are your periods ? Mine are horrendous 8-9 days heavy clots and brown discharge inbetween but niño know all endo symptoms wow !!!!ive suffered 30 odd years and going to think seriously about a hysterectomy to get rid once and for all. ca can be raised for absolutely nothing Tracey even fibroids raise it !! and as u have no cysts in ovaries please worry no more xxx
    • Posted

Can't say I do lol, my husband calls me 'iron bladder' 😂 I'm terrible for drinking diet cola though maybe if I drank more water I would wee more xx

• Posted

I'm not sure what they can do, I know there isn't a cure it's really about alleviating the symptoms/pain. I'm still in 2 mins whether to go for the hysterectomy, I've been doing a bit of reading and it seems that you can still suffer with endo even after hysterectomy...I think it can grow back again somehow...well in some people I guess not everyone xx
    • Posted

So have I beyond and it's all a bout pain relief endo diet and reducing symptoms.i also read after a hysterectomy it still can return.is your endo only on ur ovaries ? Even if they do a laparoscopy it can come back.im not in pain only wee a lot so I'm

Going to see how I go xx

• Posted

Sorry I meant to say so have I been reading x
    • Posted

Really that's a good thing as it's not on your bladder was it anywhere else in mri showing up ? X
    • Posted

I think it must be on womb and tubes as well as ovaries as they are recommending the hysterectomy but obviously they won't know how bad it is till they do the laparoscopy. I told the gynae to only remove the cyst and/or ovary if the rest doesn't look too badly infected but I'm now wondering if I should just have it all removed if the endo is likely to grow back again sad such a tough decision to make. I know I definitely don't want to suffer torsion of the ovary again as that was horrific...would rather be in labour again!! Xx
    • Posted

It's a personal choice Bryony,mine must be quite bad if it's been spotted in a few places but my left ovary is normal xx
    • Posted

Well that's good that it's only one ovary, unfortunately they told me after my mri I have smaller cysts on my right ovary. In my heart I think I know I'll probably need to have the hysterectomy...gutted but my health is obviously more important xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.