Posted , 10 users are following.
So I had my 7 week post op check up with my consultant and he said all was healing well. Most of my external stitches are now gone but I still have an internal stitch which is still causing discharge. He gave me a prescription to help with the discharge (which I have subsequently lost!). He has signed me off work for 2 more weeks which is good as I can see a light at the end of the tunnel now! I did mention some concerns....
1) The lump! So I can see a lump at the entrance of my vagina - i was concerned this was my cervix. He assured me that is wasn't and that my cervix is 'miles up' (in his words!). He said this was my back wall and I could see the stitch. He said I would probably always see this and thats just the way its healed. This was rather dissapointing but he said it shouldn't affect anything.... Anyone else have any experience on seeing your 'back wall'?
2) Pain down my leg - This apparantley is from the stitch from my SSF -this will continue to be a present intermittently for a few weeks - he told me to listen to my body and not over do it
3) Exercise - Apparantly I can go back to light exercise now! Very light. I asked when I can play tennis again - he said best to wait for the 3 month mark. This is good as I am now like a new born baby with no muscles. I picked up the dust buster hoover yesterday and bent over to hoover the carpet after the kids had made a mess. Today I feel like I've been squatting in the gym as my glute muscles are so sore and I mean the post-gym kind of sore!!!
3) back to work. He said another 2 weeks to be on the safe side, and then a phased returrn - no going in during rush hour....well that suits me fine!!
4) Discharge - this will continue for a while. The internal stitch won't heal until atleast the 3 month stage (around mid may) - this is annoying as wearing a pad is really uncomfortabel, the friction some nights is unbearable! He did give me a prescription (can't rememeber the name of the drug) which I have lost - annoyingly!
5) A bath. I can now have a bath. I've had a bath. It was bliss....
I hope the above helps some of you! There is light at the end of the tunnel (and my tunnel is now narrower
0 likes, 23 replies