Update

Posted , 7 users are following.

So my doc wants me to increase to 30mg after seeing her today after a breakdown, as I'm not improving at all. If anything I'm worse. They worked in the past but not this time so far. 😭

Today I managed to convince my self I was going crazy and losing the plot completely. It's really scary.

it doesnt help that my memory is shocking too.

Anyone else felt better after increasing?

Am I going crazy?

Is my wierd detatched feeling/brain fog anxiety?

As I never had it on citalopram last time. And that's the cause of my going crazy feelings

and why does it feel like things I done this morning happened days ago? it's making me worry I'm truly losing the plot

Pretty panicky about the increase what do you guys think?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i think you're rushing to increase in the hope of a quicker recovery ( I fully understand) and going up a dose will only potentially increase your side effects. 6 weeks really is nothing and based on your history of changing meds, you may need more time than the average. it's the hardest process to go through when these tablets make you feel worse than before you took them but the only thing you can do is give it time. i'm around 16 weeks and going through a blip. i only did a 5mg increase and got all the side effects and it must have been around 10 weeks where i felt things lift a little but it's still very much work in progress at 16 weeks.

• Posted

Sorry this is very late. If your doctor has recommend the increase then yes do so.

It takes a lot more time than we would like for any medication to really be effecive.

Much later much later, try to have ONE day per week to really relax if you can, it truly helps. can you afford private counselling? that helps a lot. MIND is a good place to find counsellors at reasonable rates.

good luck to you.

Been there, done it, go the T shirt & came out the other side. (private)Counselling is what helped me the most!!!! One has to wait TOO long for NHS counselling & there is a limit to their resources.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.