Posted , 14 users are following.
On Monday I went to see my HOLEP urologist for a rectal echo, doctor said that my prostate is 100 gram and that I need the operation to remove 80% of the prostate, I also asked him about going the medication route, he told me that combo med will take up to one year to work.
On Tuesday I went to see the Green Light Urologist, he had me do a cystoscopy again, I had one done by the first TURP urologist last March. Turns out that he aslo said that my prostate is large but the bladder looks fine and strong. He then filled my bladder with liquid and told me to go urinate. Well I just couldn't, I stayed about 15 min in the washroom trying and trying and trying but nothing came out. I finally asked the staff to give me some time to relax since they kept knocking on the bathroom door to see what I was doing, they told me to take my time and come back and see them later on during the day so I did. Took a nice lunch and drank a coffee, took a long walk, all this time I could feel my bladder full and the urge to urinate. So again I tried and I tried and nothing came out not a single drop, I tried many other times and finally, 4 hours later I decided to go back to the urology department. They had to re-install a catheter again, I did talk about CIC and asked them to be trained by a staff of the department, so I took an appointment for that but have to wait some weeks, now I have another infection so back on Cypro and also very sore from the cystoscopy which is not too pleasant. I also was given the choice of medication, so I have now Tamsulosin and Avodart but this Urologist told me it takes about 3 months to work and to shrink 30% of the prostate. So not sure if I want to start taking them to mess up something else in my body.
So I did ask the urologist why I could urinate before the first event of cystoscopy 3 months ago with the TURP doctor, he didn't really knew what to say other than the prostate is big and blocking the urethra and according to the cystoscopy everything else was normal with strong bladder so he couldn't see any other reasons why I could not urinate at all.
So now I have the HOLEP operation option with a tentative date in the end of July (not convinced they will keep the date, got this date because of my pressure I put on the departement). With the Green Light doctors, he has no date for me nothing for the next 6 months or he could refer me to TURP doctors and get it done within the next 2 weeks or so. Of course if I decide on an operation, it will be the HOLEP one.
My next option is CIC which is blocking me but I'll do everything in my power to try it with a trained nurse in a few weeks or so.
All comments are appreciated
Thanks and God bless you all
0 likes, 56 replies