UPDATE on STUBBORN MEN POST

Posted , 9 users are following.

Good morning all.  This is a update on my post Stubborn Men and Pushy Doctors.The friend that I was talking about had his Turp that no one could talk him out off.  He had no other test to see what the problem was and he never went to a office to see a doctor.  This was all set up from 2 ER visit.  He was upset because he had to were a catheter.  Well no man wants some tube in your penis.  Now he is kicking himself because this was not the quick fix that he through it was going to be.  It has been 6 weeks.    First they have try to remove the catheter 2 times and he can't pee.  That was the problem before.  He is passing so many clogs and blood that he has to were a pad.  He did not have that problem before.  The best things now he has bladder spasm every time he stands.  He GF told him now you know what labor pains are.  I had them and they hurt like hell.  He has told her he should have went to another doctor and see if the prostate is the problem.  They are going to try to take the catheter out Monday to see if he can't pee If not back it goes for another couple of weeks (  the only thing I told her to tell him if the catheter has to stay in put a lube or somekind of gel on the catheter were it is inserted in the penis to help with the irration )  I do believe and so does his GF that he has a problem with he bladder not the prostate.  But it to late now.  Only time will tell.  My main goal for this post is please men this is your body and you need to take care of it.  The procedure is up to you not the doctor.  He can tell you what he thinks will fix the problem but he will not know until he does it if it will work.  We are all different and we heal  different rates.  Don't rush into any surgery without getting a second oponion.  If your doctor get upset with you because your not jumping at what he is telling you they get another doctor.  They are human like us and they can make mistakes..  I have talked many time about my urologist  I was happy that I found him 3 years ago.  He has never pushed me into any procedure.  When I had my Urolift done 2 years ago.  He was checking my stricture.  The camera went through it with no problem but when he tryed to get into the bladder to make sure all was good he could not get it through my prostate.  That hurt very much.  He even try to put a catheter in ( after he ask ) My prostate was closed.  I just had a pressure flow test which cam back fine but I had to force myself and I had a small steam.  He did not say you have to have your prostate removeed he just said it need to be opened up. 6 weeks later Had the procedure.  He put in 4 implants and I been good to go.  The main thing is get ALL THE IMFORMATION YOU CAN AND IF YOU NEED A SECOND OPONION GO FOR IT.  It is your life and body. You are the one that will have to deal with the out come not the doctor.  He just moves on to the next patient.  Have a great sunday  Ken  

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Agree with every word you said, my brother - especially this line - "Don't rush into any surgery without getting a second oponion."  I, too, know quite a few guys who took a leap of faith and acted on their doctor's opinion with no further preponderance about what was going on.  Fortunately, for the overwhelming majority of them, things worked out well.  You lucked out, my friend.  A doctor you can trust is worth his weight in gold.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.