Update with my Problem ( Cyclobenzaprine ) Flexeril

Posted , 12 users are following.

Good morning all.  It has been about 3 weeks that I have been on Cyclobenzaprine for my problem. A Tight External Sphincter.  That is what my urologist said was the problem.  I am suppose to take it 3 times a days.  I take only 2 a day.  One in the morning and one before I go to bed.  I was suppose to call the Pelvic Rehabilitation Center but I did not because I do not know how much they would be or if it is covered by my insurance.  One of the guy's on here sent me some yoga videos.  I have been doing them before I go to bed.   Well here is my update:  I have been going to the bathroom 3 to 4 time a day.  depends on how much I drink.  There is no waiting most of the time.  I start right away.  There is more force most of the time.  So it is working.  There are day's that I do have to wait before I pee but most of the time it 's good.  So that has improved.  Next.  This is for the man that have been on Cyclobenzaprine.  Have you had any change in your orgasm.  My orgasms use to be very intense.  Now there kind of flat.  I still have them and I still have a ejaculation but no feeling.  One out of 4 maybe feel the same but the other's not so good.  Has anyone else had this problem?? This may sound wrong I know there are still man on here that would like any kind of ejaculation.  I do not mean anything by this but should I stop the cyclobenzaprine so my orgasms go back to normal or stay on the pills so I pee better.  Or stop the yoga and call the Pelvic center.  I have not done CIC yet.  I will be waiting until I need it.   So my friends this is my update.  I wish you all well and have a great Sunday  Ken                  

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds like the Urolift isn’t working for you? 

That is a muscle relaxer I had taken in the past for lower back issues. Don’t recall how it made the orgasm feel, because if I had lower back issues, probably wasn’t partaking in extra activities, LOL. 

I would hate to have to be on something like that just to pee.

• Posted

I know the prostate is open so the Urolift is doing what it is suppose to be doing.  It is just the muscles around everything.  When he did the scope that is what he told me.  Before taking the pills I was able to pee but it did not have a lot of force and it is a small steam I think that is from my stricture.  Maybe if I only take one pill  I wonder if it would change.  Going to have to take with my doctor.  I guess the muscle relaxer is working on the prostate to.  Well getting old sucks  Thank you my friend  Ken  
  • Posted

Ken, thanks for the update. Could it be that the side effect you are describing actually is RE, which is common among the alpha blockers ? Hank
    • Posted

Hey Hank.  I don't have RE  I still have a ejaculation but there is no shooting action I guess.  It does come out.  Have not lost the amount.  It just does not feel the same.  I use to be able to hold unto it for 5 or 10 second.  Now I can not hold off.  I guess it's the muscle relaxers. Instead of it working on the external sphincter it is also working on the prostate.   So don't know what I want to do.  Stop them and get my orgasm back or take 1 and see what happens.  Ken

• Posted

Ken, if before the Flexeril, you had a strong ejaculation flow, I don't think your external sphincter is the problem. A tight external sphincter would interfere with your ejaculation as well. Hank

• Posted

Hi Ken, Are you the same Ken that had Urolift? I hope all is going well for you.I'm still doing CIC.Maybe some day they will come out with a procedure  that is not to invasive .At 88 years old i'm glad i did not do the turp surgery?

All though i still would like very much to have a natural void.Thanks for all the info you gave me on this forum.

frank,

• Posted

Good afternoon Frank.  Yes it is me.  Had a ridge cystascope done in November and a regular one a few weeks ago.  Urolift is still in place.  Prostate is open.  Just have a problem with external sphincter.  To tight.  This muscle relaxer is doing a number on everything in that area.  I will work it out just have to think about what is more important.  Take care  Ken    
    • Posted

I am also 88. Over a year ago I was about to start CIC when another doctor gave me an RX for tiny one a day water pills for swelling on my feet,  Not only did it cure the swelling but it also cured my retention. So instead of CIC I still take one water pill daily for fear if I stop retention could recur.
    • Posted

Hi Lester, what is the name of your "tiny water pill" ? Thanks. Hank

• Posted

Whenever I was prescribed a diuretic before I had laser surgery on my prostate my urine output decreased and I had pain in the pelvic area and had to stop them.
  • Posted

Took Flexeril as a kid did same thing. You think it's helping or the yoga ? Or is it a combination of both

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.