Upping dose - 125 or 150

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing ok.

I had my check up appointment yesterday at the doctors, i have been on sertraline for 11 weeks now, 9 of which have been 100mg.

I and my family have noticed some improvement in my mood and motivation however i still have lingering anxiety in the form of a pressure headache, tight throat and knot in my stomach.

my doctor recommended increasing either to 150 or 200! I dont like to talk down about doctors especially as i know they are lacking funding in mental health but i know in myself that jumping from 100 to 200 is a very bad idea and has made me lose confidence in her. I suggested trying 125 but she said it was pointless and wont do anything.

Anyway, I am looking for your opinions, shall I try 125 first? Has anyone had any success on this dose? Or maybe I should go straight to 150?

thank you! x

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi kate going up slowly it's a good Idea. I think you should try 125mg for 2 weeks and go on from there.

• Posted

I think small increases are best as well. I think it helps to minimize any side effects. It can't hurt right?

• Posted

thank you both, that's what i thought too! will start 125 tonight x

• Posted

i would be tempted to try 125mg to begin with, you can always top to 150mg at a later date if required. Give it 6 wks on 125mg before deciding ?

I went up from 50mg to 75mg, and did notice a positive difference.

Hoping for you x

• Posted

i would be tempted to try 125mg to begin with, you can always top to 150mg at a later date if required. Give it 6 wks on 125mg before deciding ?

Hoping for you x

• Posted

Hoping for you x

• Posted

thanks for your response i will try 125 first 😃 x

• Posted

went to 125 i was numb with no emotion it was wierd couldnt cry or any thing back too a 100 got my emotions back lol i might taper off it try a different med been on it for almost 7 years doesnt have the kick that it had

• Posted

me too, been on 100 mg for about 3 months from 50 in April. still have lingering aniexty and disturbing sleeps, proberly go back to doctors, maybe go to 150 mg.

• Posted

Hi Kells,

Yeah I have definitely seen improvements in some ways but not quite where I would like to be. I went up to 125 4 days ago and have had no increase in side effects so may try 150 in a couple of days time. Let me know how you get on! x

• Posted

yep, I know what you mean kate, so frustrating man.. it be 2 weeks before i see doctor, so might increase myself to 125 mg till i see Doc. it p*****g me of now, thought it was brill, till it came back again, maybe its not leveled out as yet...

• Posted

haha I'm the same it's just annoying me now! I'm thinking i might just go up to 150 tomorrow, can't be bothered waiting any more!

• Posted

Bit of an update....i took 150mg last night but i've felt more anxious today so i'm going to stay on 125 for a while and see how that goes and maybe increase again at a later stage x

• Posted

oh no, how long on 125 kate, should give it 6 weeks then increase.... what type of anxiety you got.. mind is stinging pain on my head.. bloody anoying.

• Posted

I only did 4 days on 125 but I didnt feel any increase in side effects so tried 150 but it was too much for now. Took 125 again last night and feel better than yesterday. My doctor said theres no point in trying 125 and even suggested going straight to 200.......I swear some of them have no idea! I think my anxiety is social anxiety although I havent been officially diagnosed. The worst symptoms I get are tension headache, tight throat/neck, chest and stomach x

• Posted

200mg, is ya doctor nuts lol, do what you feel best for you, I havent officially diagnosed either, been on ad since 12 years ago, my other ad stopped working, was getting too many dips, its weid, i get this horrid stinging anxiety all day. when im really focusing on something it goes... so frusturating heh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.