Upping dose - 125 or 150

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing ok.

I had my check up appointment yesterday at the doctors, i have been on sertraline for 11 weeks now, 9 of which have been 100mg.

I and my family have noticed some improvement in my mood and motivation however i still have lingering anxiety in the form of a pressure headache, tight throat and knot in my stomach.

my doctor recommended increasing either to 150 or 200! I dont like to talk down about doctors especially as i know they are lacking funding in mental health but i know in myself that jumping from 100 to 200 is a very bad idea and has made me lose confidence in her. I suggested trying 125 but she said it was pointless and wont do anything.

Anyway, I am looking for your opinions, shall I try 125 first? Has anyone had any success on this dose? Or maybe I should go straight to 150?

thank you! x

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hey there i was just wondering if you increased to 125? i ask because i am in similar situation with increasing or waiting longer. i am on 100 mgs fir a bit over a month now and still feeling not motivated to do much even though i take for anxiety. i increased my doses 12.5 mge at a time.

• Posted

can take up to 3 monthsto work i wont go over a 100 my body cant i feel wierd 100mg wasnt working then went to 125 for a month felt wierd than went down too 100mg and it started to work lol its wierd

• Posted

Hi Alf,

Yes I did increase to 125mg 4 days ago and so far have had no additional side effects or worsening anxiety. I haven't felt any change yet but that is to be expected. If I take it for another few days and have no increased side effects then I am going to go to 150 as I have seen quite a lot of people say this is the dose where they get the best relief for anxiety.

You could wait another couple of weeks on 100mg just to get to the 6 week mark and see if anything changes? I was on 100mg for 9 weeks so I gave it a good go. I have also been on sertraline before so I know it works for me. Let me know how you get on x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.