Upping from 20mg to 30mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone! 

Hope everything is going well?

I’ve been on cit  20mg for 4 & 1/2 weeks now. The side effects have been awful. Im still getting really bad headaches which is just making my thinking and anxiety worse and I’m still not sleeping well. I went to the drs and she has given be an extra 10mg to take. I’m so scared to take them because of the side effects sad 

I don’t know what to do. I need some reassurance xx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kate yes early days on cit are horrendous the side effects can be worse than the initial depression but it is only that,  side effects that will wear off. Give it at least 12 weeks whether you decide to raise it or not you may need Xanax and something to sleep. Please give yourself time and love you will start to feel better. Do things that bring you joy things that you love. Are you working? Remember if you raise the dose it can be like starting the count again!!
  • Posted

Hi Kate, I take Xanax .25 just as I’m ready to go to bed. It helps me tremendously with sleeping. I will get about 6-7 hours with the Xanax. Without I sleep about 2-3 hrs. Yes the insomnia is horrible. I’m on cit 10mg and today is Day 30 for me. Stay with it I’m told it takes a good 3 months for the drug to work. 🙏🏻  I go for a good walk 30 min with my headphones and favorite music  at lunch time and that helps with my evening. If I don’t walk I get worse anxiety in evenings. Focus on the times when you feel good. 😎

• Posted

Hi everyone I was on Zoloft for 4 weeks have me the worst side effects couldn't take it.  and have been on cit for almost 2 weeks. I have also been given Ativan as needed to get me through. I have been under extreme stress for 3 years due to nursing school, having 6 kids and half way through nursing school my kids dad passed away suddenly and I found him. I am wondering if it safe to take the Ativan the most I have ever taken is .25mg but had a period of 10 days I took it everyday... I have 8 weeks of school left and I know I'm going to need to take them on school days but I am scared to death of getting addicted to the Ativan. Does the propanol really help? I need something to help get me through the start up days... I see a light already with the celexa but I am still not able to function. My poor kids are watching me go through this and I know I'm the rough days of I just took the Ativan I would feel better but then feel guilty because I took it and end up having anxiety about taking the anxiety medicine... ugh any advice would be great... I know this will work just have to stick it out... 8 weeks seems like a lifetime but I have to make it through...

• Posted

Such a low dose of Ativan you should be fine...if you have and addictive personality I stay away from it..but if you don't theres no reason to worry..

• Posted

I don't have an addictive personality but have heard the horror stories of people not realizing they became dependent until too late. I have also seen people say once the medicine kicked in they didn't need to take it anymore. I know the celexa is helping even if just a little and definitely plan on sticking with it. Sucks the Ativan helps a lot wish they found something that helps that wasn't so addicting 

• Posted

Hi there my goodness you have been through a lot and still have so much going on. Please don’t worry about the Ativan just take it when you need it minus the guilt. You have nothing to feel guilty about. You have another 8 weeks of school by which time the celexa will be working!!! Remember to breathe and try to take time to relax you will come through this but take one day at a time!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.