Urethroplasty end to end completed!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Jan 29 I had the surgery that lasted toughly 4 hours. Just got the catheter out today after 16 days. Stream is crazy strong like a hose so far. I am hoping it lasts! If it closes up after X amount of time I think I am just going to live with it again and not do anything about it. 😃 I had a surgery about 20 years ago where they went through the tip of the penis and cut it out and put a catheter in after. That lasted about less than a week! fingers crossed this stays a success!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Urethroplasty is the name. It's plastic surgery of the urethra.

• Posted

it has a high success rate. 86% if they used a graft and 92% if they just cut it out and sowed the ends of the urethra together. its possible youll be fixed for good!

• Edited

Congratulations on your urethral repair and subsequent catheter removal. I too had the procedure and the large stream following the catheter removal is indeed a thrill! Your stream force will likely decrease but will remain better than it was pre op. The earlier operation you had 20 years ago was probably an internal urethrotomy, an incision into the scar/stricture to widen the passageway. That however usually results in even more scarring compounding the stricture. In a open urethrotomy, when an end to end repair is done following the resection of the stricture, (not using a buccal graft), the length of the penis might be shortened. I wish you well in your recovery and a happy stream forever!

• Edited

Hi,

Yes the flow before and after is incredible! I took video of before and after. It is absolutely incredible. If it decreases a little bit I won't mind. I vow not to have this surgery again. Even if it gets to what it was before. I wonder how long this stream will last and if there is anything I can do to keep it open? Ejaculate each day? How long before it sloes down you think?

I am sending videos to everyone of before and after. They are shocked! haha

Can't wait until later tonight to see what happens when I ... 😃

• Edited

less than 2 cm was taken, I told him if it was significant I would want a buccal graft because of that!

• Posted

This is a probably going to be a stupid request, but do you mind sharing the before and after stream to me since I might have to undergo that procedure in 2/3 years.

• Posted

Any update btw? I would love to know how you are doing now.

• Posted

i woukd say its an overall success. stream slowed down after a few weeks but still significantly faster than before. i can drink water all day and pee frequently withiut pain. i will say if i pee a super ton wuick together i can feel a very very slight sting. again, this is nothing conpared to what it was. i would not drink water bc if i peed often it would hurt! bot sure i can share videos on here. i think i have my old stream and can get a recent one too. ha

• Edited

wont let me upload video. says compressing video and then nothing

• Posted

You can PM me I think, but it's all good. I'm very happy for you. 😄

Do you have to go for follow up every month? Where was your stricture located and how long was it?

• Posted

Is it possible to post videos so people can see the before and after streams? It is really incredible!

• Posted

Did u experience any pain burning bleeding before you had the surgery?

• Posted

i had slow flow and burning when i went. no blood.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.